bleeding rear brakes ford 7500

/ bleeding rear brakes ford 7500 #1  

Spidermonkeywrench

Tractor
1975 Ford 7500 backhoe
Anyone know where the bleeder screws are located on the ford 7500 rear axle? Ive searched all over the rear case and haven't found any. The manual says on the top of the rear housing on the left and right sides but I cant see em. If anyone has a picture or an idea where these little buggers might be located could ya help me out? :confused3:

/ bleeding rear brakes ford 7500 #2  
Not sure what manual you are reading. A Ford 7500 loader/backhoe (1973-1975) has manual mechanically actuated wet disc brakes. No brake fluid, so no bleeding. Adjust the linkage to achieve the correct pedal freeplay, or replace the discs if the adjustment is used up.

/ bleeding rear brakes ford 7500
The brakes worked before the seal desintagrated. Now that I have it replaced and refilled the pedal is going all the way to the floor. The repair/rebuild manual talks about the linkage ajustment but Ive tried it and it isnt working.

/ bleeding rear brakes ford 7500 #4  
1. Brake worked before the linkage was disassembled to replace the rod boot.
2. Brake doesn't work properly after re assembling linkage.
3. Most likely conclusion is that linkage isn't adjusted properly; repeat procedure.
5 hours ago you were looking for bleeders that aren't there. Read your manual again.

/ bleeding rear brakes ford 7500
come to find out I was looking at something that was not my 7500. In fact it was a 555d. Thanks Boss man. @ RickB the 6500/7500 repair manual is directing me to the linkage nearest to the brake housing. I wasnt sure if it was the long linkage or the ones behind the pedals.

Repair manuals often read like Chinese stereo instructions... Hand me that 5 pound sledge hammer!

/ bleeding rear brakes ford 7500 #6  
come to find out I was looking at something that was not my 7500. In fact it was a 555d. Thanks Boss man. @ RickB the 6500/7500 repair manual is directing me to the linkage nearest to the brake housing. I wasnt sure if it was the long linkage or the ones behind the pedals.

Repair manuals often read like Chinese stereo instructions... Hand me that 5 pound sledge hammer!

Must be some aftermarket POS manual. You can't get info for a 7500 and 555D from the same Ford manual. They just don't cover models that different in the same book.