JD24 aux front hydraulic connections

/ JD24 aux front hydraulic connections #1  

JDskidder

Tractor
John Deere 24 Skid Steer Loader
I'm the new owner of an old skid steer machine. This one has front connections, but they look different than most that I've seen. Can anyone tell me if they recognize this connector? I am not familiar with hydraulics, so if the answer is obvious I apologize.

Everett

110.jpg109.jpg108.jpg107.jpg106.jpg

/ JD24 aux front hydraulic connections #2  
They look like std AG couplers instead of Skid Steer Flat Face couplers

/ JD24 aux front hydraulic connections
Do you think I should replace them with flat faced couplers? The male one leaks a bit anyway.

/ JD24 aux front hydraulic connections #4  
Most hyd attachments for a skid-steer will have flat face connectors.

They are also easy to keep clean, and most can connect under low pressure, and some under full pressure.

Thanks. I have a feeling the PO had a log splitter on the front that he powered with this style. I ordered a couple sets for future attachments.

I ran into a bit of a problem. I got these couplers Flat Face Flush Face Skid Steer Hydrulic Coupler Faster 2 Pair | eBay and they appear to be slightly small for my connections. I measured my threading at 14 tpi and a small end taper diameter of 0.725 inches. I'm guessing that's 1/2 NPT which is what I thought 2FFI12 connectors were. Is there any harm in running with an adapter once I figure out the size mismatch?

/ JD24 aux front hydraulic connections #7  
Adapter will not be a problem.

/ JD24 aux front hydraulic connections #9  
are these machine good and how much should i pay$

I like it, but it's probably not for everyone. It's a clutch based machine not hydrostatic drive, so that means maintaining is more involved and can be expensive. I paid $2400 for mine with no bucket and a blown head gasket, but it was already upgraded with quick connect from a more modern machine. That feature along with the front flat faced connectors I put on make it way more useful than stock. Check out the specs here if you want to know more: http://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/construction/non_current_products/skid_steers/24.pdf