Kubota BH77 backhoe bucket hose repair

/ Kubota BH77 backhoe bucket hose repair #1  

CanuckPT

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kubota B3300SU
I have a leak in the hydraulic hose that controls the bucket on my Kubota BH77 Backhoe. I've disconnected both ends (trying to catch the fluid) and I'm trying to figure out how to remove the hose to take it for repair/replacement. I'm having a ***** of a time getting it to move. It's in the cloth/fabric sleeve - I've cut the cable tie and I tried extending the arm and dipper stick out to see if that would make it easier but it doesn't seem to want to budge. Any suggestions?

/ Kubota BH77 backhoe bucket hose repair #2  
Usually you'd have to disconnect the other hose and pull out as an assy.......when out, the bad hose will cooperate and give it up

Mark your hoses before disconnecting though......:confused2:

/ Kubota BH77 backhoe bucket hose repair
I've tied a nylon string to the disconnected hose so that I could theoretically use it to pull the new/repaired hose back through but I can't seem to get the hose to move. The hoses are color coded with tape and I'm pretty certain that I've identified and undone the correct one - both because of the tape (there is another one of similar color) but also because when I disconnected it, the fluid in the hose really started to flow out.

/ Kubota BH77 backhoe bucket hose repair #4  
Old thread, sort of. I wonder why threads like this sort of end in mid-air . . . Did CanuckPT finally get the hose out? Was there a tie or clamp in the middle of the hose bundle that necessitated removal of the all the hoses to get the leaking one out? Did this story have a happy ending? :)

bumper

/ Kubota BH77 backhoe bucket hose repair
My apologies for abandoning this post & not circling around to complete the story. The hose replacement turned out to be quite simple......... once I disconnected the proper hose :ashamed:when I was pulling on the hose with the hole it was evidently close enough to it's neighbor to make it move too. Happy ending. I now have a Brok-Tek Ripper Tooth on my backhoe & I'm getting a ton of use out of it digging up stumps! :thumbsup: