NH TC45DA TNT install questions

/ NH TC45DA TNT install questions #1  

Jackfr

Gold Member
Tractor
NH WorkMaster 33 Ford F5000 NH T 4.90 Ford 2110 JD555B
View attachment 287098I've finally decided to go ahead and install a complete TNT on our NH TC45DA. Currently the tractor has a mid mount loader valve that connects to a manifold diverter block (I think that is what It's called)(see attached Picture) and two rear remotes, one of the remotes is used for a hydraulic top link. The tractor's hydraulic system is OC and is 9 gpm I believe. I checked Messicks for the 3rd remote kit it was in excess of $860. So I decided to use a 2 SPOOL JOYSTICK BRAND LV22TSTKAB LOADER VALVE with PB kit from Surplus Center.(I think J_J talked about it in one of his posts). This will give me joystick control for the TNT and free up the 2 remotes so I can use one for a QA 4in1 bucket. I've been reading a lot of Threads and hopefully I have it figured out.

I plan on disconnecting the mid mount loader valve PB line from the diverter block and connecting it to the Pressure line on the new joystick. Then connect the PB from the new Joystick to the diverter block where the mid mount loader valve PB was connected. Then connecting the Tank return line from the new joystick to a "T" in the Tank Return line from the mid mount loader valve to the diverter block. (See my real bad drawing! I'm not an artist and I don't know the tech char I should use for the drawing. But I hope I get my point across.)

The mid mount Loader Valve PB line is 5/8" Tube with JIC 10 connectors. The mid mount valve pressure line is 5/8" Tube with JIC 10 connectors. The mid mount Loader valve tank return is 1/2" Tube with JIC 08 connectors. I plan on using 3/4" hose with JIC 10 connectors for both the Pressure line into the new joystick and the new joystick PB line to the diverter block. I plan on using 1/2" hose with JIC New Joystick tank return to the "T". I am hoping to bend the tubes enough to make the connections. The only critical one will be the "t" connection in the Tank return line. If I have to I'll replace the PB, Pressure and tank return lines from the mid mount Loader Valve with hose also. I plan on running 3/8""hose to QAs for the TNT.

Questions:Is my plumbing correct? Are the hose diameters ok so I don't cause a restriction? would I be better off using a stacked valve with a joystick so I could add more spools later if needed? Does anyone have a better idea? Iknow I can get all the parts from surpluscenter.com and discounthydraulichose.com for a lot less than the 3rd remote kit.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Jack

Attachments

• Rough Drawing of plumbing.jpg
    Rough Drawing of plumbing.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Loader valve Piping.JPG
    Loader valve Piping.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
   / NH TC45DA TNT install questions #2  
Your plumbing is correct and the line sizes adequate. Whether you are adding enough functions to keep you happy in the future is up to you. You can always use an electric diverter and split the loader's bucket circuit to operate the grapple without removing your hand from the loader joystick..

/ NH TC45DA TNT install questions #3  
Your plumbing is correct and the line sizes adequate. Whether you are adding enough functions to keep you happy in the future is up to you. You can always use an electric diverter and split the loader's bucket circuit to operate the grapple without removing your hand from the loader joystick..

We did exactly as Rick suggested the hand never leaves the joystick to use the grapple. The small red button controls the electric diverter.

Attachments

• grapple12.jpg
    grapple12.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 293
   / NH TC45DA TNT install questions #4  
You appear to be talking about 3 sets of valves other than the 3pt valve.

The current 2 spool mid mount mount valve .

The new joystick valve.

A remote valve.

The 3pt valve.

Which valve is first in series path

Which valve will operate the loader?

In the drawing, the flow is from the mid mount valve to the joystick valve. If you are operating the mid mount vale, you will lose all flow to the new joystick valve, however, you could feather the first valve and use the excess flow for the joystick valve.

The first valve, relief valve should set the pressure for the open center system.

Float spool on the tilt cyl of the T-N-T is a good thing.

/ NH TC45DA TNT install questions
Thanks for the quick reply Rick. I was thinking about the electric diverter but had never used one for a grapple or 4in1 bucket. I believe I saw one in the Surplus center catalog.

Where did you get the switch that fits in the handle Pineridge? Do you like how the grapple works with it? or would you rather another hydraulic circuit to operate the grapple.

J+J The current 2 spool mid mount is the loader and I believe it is the first one in the path the new joy stick would run the TNT so probably would not be operated when the loader was working then would come the 2 rear remotes and then the 3pt.

I had an internal pipe plug loosen and float around inside the top of the current 2 spool mid mount loader valve causing the rear remotes and 3pt not to work. That's why I believe it is first in the path. Rick explained to me how to fix that problem so that was an easy fix.

Last edited:
   / NH TC45DA TNT install questions #7  
Where did you get the switch that fits in the handle Pineridge? Do you like how the grapple works with it? or would you rather another hydraulic circuit to operate the grapple.

The switch came from Radio Shack and has lasted now for years without problems. The trick is to use the switch to operate a 12vdc relay that in turn powers the electric diverter.

I like being able to work the grapple without need to take my hand off the joystick. I think you can get more work done using this setup.

Attachments

• grapple8.jpg
    grapple8.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 161
  • grapple4.jpg
    grapple4.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 621
  • grapple1.jpg
    grapple1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 175
The switch came from Radio Shack and has lasted now for years without problems. The trick is to use the switch to operate a 12vdc relay that in turn powers the electric diverter.

I like being able to work the grapple without need to take my hand off the joystick. I think you can get more work done using this setup.

PineRidge thanks for the info on the switch. Where did you mount the diverter(on the loader arms)? Which diverter did you use? did you get it from Surplus center? Is it weather proof?

/ NH TC45DA TNT install questions #9  
Surplus Center had them years back. My tractor gets wet like the rest of them and the valve has never been affected.

Attachments

• grapple35.jpg
    grapple35.jpg
    667.8 KB · Views: 317
  • grapple26.jpg
    grapple26.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 286
  • grapple25.jpg
    grapple25.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 268
Surplus Center had them years back. My tractor gets wet like the rest of them and the valve has never been affected.

Thanks for the Info Pine Ridge I found one at Surplus center.

I figured I would do both that would give me joystick control for tnt, 3rd function for a front grapple or 4in1 and it would free up both rear remotes for implements. I ordered the electric diverter along with the Joystick valve so I can locate where to put them and make up brackets. Then I'll order rest of fittings and hoses that I'll need.

Thanks everyone for your input.