KUBOTA 1630 loader attachment

/ KUBOTA 1630 loader attachment
OK I got a little side tracked! I could not find any other tags showing manufacturer. I took some of it appart and here's what I found.(see attachment) There is a very worn out part at the end where 2 small ball bearings keep the actuator or spool in place. When I went to reassemble it I tightened the same tip and then losened it a quarter turn so a less worn portion would line up with the balls. After complete assembly I tried it out and the bucket no longer lifted by itself. The worn out tip on the spool was the problem! But! The loader still seemed to lift and drop way too fast and I'm thinking the problem with the pressure could be a missing "orifice". I'm guessing an orifice in the "A" or "B" side could slow the flow down some????? Also, if you look into the hole for the spool you'll notice there appears to be some O rings inside. I'm not sure if there may be one missing but without a a parts diagram for this unit I'm kinda dangling here!

christractorhydraulics.jpg

/ KUBOTA 1630 loader attachment #12  
You're wandering into dark territory here trying to repair that yourself

that worn spot and rusty parts may impede the stroking of the spool or not hold the spool during the "float" position or keep it engaged not spring centered.....but orifices missing is not your trouble

that oring blew out for a reason (ie: hoses hooked up wrong creating too much back-pressure in the return port)

the orings you see are just near the outside of the valve to prevent oil from getting out before it is diverted back to return tank.......technically that valve would work (other than it would puke oil all over the place) with out any orings in there, so the real trouble is getting troubleshooting done before you start yanking stuff apart

First you said it went up on it's own, now you are saying is goes down by itself (too fast?)......maybe you have cylinder troubles too

Looking at the condition of that corroded spool, you'd be better off getting a replacement valve anyways, those spools are precision fit and not a replacement part, then rule out crossed connections of hoses and/or cyl by-passing

Don't make this harder than it already is......try to find out what works and what doesn't work first

/ KUBOTA 1630 loader attachment #13  
Hey guys!

Since I backed off the tip of the spool there ain't no more lifting or dropping of the bucket by itself. But I'm still having problems with too much power. Lifting or dropping etc. No matter what direction I push the joy stick in,,,,,It just goes way too fast. The whole tractor jumps and jolts! Are you sure the orifice won't play any role in slowing down the action? A pressure release valve? Or could there be blockage in the pump or a return line mayabe?

/ KUBOTA 1630 loader attachment #15  
What is the tip of the spool you are talking about?

It is hard to believe that 3 GPM from your tractor pump and you feathering the valve, that you have to much power of fluid flow.

Yes, restrictors or needle valves will reduce the flow rate to the cyl's.

The purpose of the valve lever is to provide a certain lift rate.

joe's tracrtor 025.jpg
The tip screws off of the actuator for "A" and "B" that lifts and lowers the bucket. The spring and ball keep the rod cenetered The other actuator is completely different.

Oh ya! Its got some pressure alright! Unless I really lower the throttle it just reaches for the sky. When the seal blew on the left post the fluid pissed out a good 20ft before it hit the shop wall. I barely have to touch the joy stick. If I lower the throttle enough to slow the lift rate the engine wants to quit!

Usually the lift rate has a comfortable limit though!

/ KUBOTA 1630 loader attachment #17  
Do you have a hyd 3000 psi gage?

If so, install in a tee in the IN port of the loader vale.

With all valves in neutral, what pressure do you see.

If the 3pt is in the raise position, the 3pt relief valve might be activated, and the relief pressure will be felt back through the system. The loader valve will see maybe 2250 psi, and as soon as you move the loader valve lever, full pressure and volume will be at the lift cyl, and cause the sudden rise of the lift arms.

Move the 3pt lever to neutral. and then operate the loader valve.

Let us know about some of the pressure you see.

The engine wants to stall because you are working against a load.

With all hyd valves in neutral, the fluid from the pump should just flow freely through all valves to tank with no or very little pressure.

/ KUBOTA 1630 loader attachment #18  
. When the seal blew on the left post the fluid pissed out a good 20ft before it hit the shop wall. I barely have to touch the joy stick. If I lower the throttle enough to slow the lift rate the engine wants to quit!
!

I'm thinking someone here needs to post that pix of the hand with the high pressure injection incident......:(

You still have a problem with crossed hoses or restricted return line.......something is not right and it has nothing to do with the spring centering or float detents....

OK< I'll shut up>......:)

Dang! Don't worry guys,,,I ain't that crazy! As per a diagram found for this loader attachment, all hoses were indeed correct. I sent the hydraulic post off to some Menonites 200 plus miles from here for repairs. I'll pull the filter off and check the return line incase I guess!