How Do I reconnect a Hydraulic hose to my JD 3520?

/ How Do I reconnect a Hydraulic hose to my JD 3520? #1  
Tractor
John Deere 3520
I didn't put the pin in my ROPS when pulling my tractor into the garage and they grazed the top connector of my Third Selective Control Valve (SCV). This caused the hydraulic line to become disconnected and I cannot seem to re-connect. I've tried releasing pressure in the lines according to the operator's manual but it doesn't seem to work. How do I re-connect this line?\

Thanks
Rick

Third Selective Control Valve.jpg

/ How Do I reconnect a Hydraulic hose to my JD 3520? #2  
Need more info. Was the ROPS in the bent in half position and somehow pushed the collar back on the quick disconnect or are you talking about the supply line to the quick connector that came off? If it is the line out to an implement you may have to relieve the pressure in the hose by pushing in on the ball on the end of the connector, put a rag over it so oil doesn't squirt all over, this along with relieving the pressure on the tractor side should let you re connect.

/ How Do I reconnect a Hydraulic hose to my JD 3520?
Todd,

Thank you for the help. Yes, the Rops came down and slid the disconnect back. I attempted everything in the manual but finally decided to take my wife's advice and call the dealer. :( To my surprise, the dealer said, "hit the end of the male side with a hammer." I did and it worked. Being a first time tractor owner, I would have never guessed the solution was, "hit it with a hammer."

/ How Do I reconnect a Hydraulic hose to my JD 3520? #4  
Temp increase is the cause of the pressure build up.

There are thousands of references on TBN as how to relieve the pressure on hyd QD's.

You don't necessarily need a hammer, just push the male QD against a flat steel surface.

If you want to use the female QD to relieve, then you will need a wooden dowel and hammer to tap the dowel.

Put a rag around the fitting when relieving pressure.

You can also purchase connect under pressure QD's

Last edited: