2028 century hydraulics quit working

/ 2028 century hydraulics quit working #1  

rogerdodger

Tractor
2002 century 2028
i have been using my tractor moving tree limbs when all my hydraulics quit working front end loader and box blade will not lift i changed fluid and filter still nothing any clues to what went wrong and how to resolve?:confused2:

/ 2028 century hydraulics quit working #2  
Check your pump to see if it's turning.

Use a hyd gage and check your pressures.

/ 2028 century hydraulics quit working
thanks j_j my pump on this model is gear driven and also runs a separate pump for power steering which is working fine but has a seperate reservoir

/ 2028 century hydraulics quit working #4  
Is it possible you could have hooked one of the hoses with a tree branch and partially unplugged one of the quick disconnects.

/ 2028 century hydraulics quit working #5  
Remove a complete QD fitting from the hose going to the first QD and place in a bucket and see if you have hyd flow.

If so , check the hyd pressure.

took high pressure line off feed block to front end loader nothing there guess pump went out:thumbdown:

does anyone know what make the hydraulic pump is on a century tractor 2028? cant find the name on pump

/ 2028 century hydraulics quit working #8  
Check the spline, keyway or coupler to make sure it's turning the shaft

Pix..??

Didnt know if i wanted to tear it apart if i couldnt find another pump if i needed it

/ 2028 century hydraulics quit working #10  
does anyone know what make the hydraulic pump is on a century tractor 2028? cant find the name on pump

I looked at the parts breakdown on the bBranso sight and all it says is 13 cc. I have looked at my Branny 2400 and can not find a number on it either. I would suspect the drive shaft is spline so it is possible the splines are worn or a coupling has slipped. I couldn't tell were or how the pump is mounted but if out in an accessable area where you don't have to drain the tranny I would remove the pump and look for obvious damage. Gear pumps are usually pretty tough so suspect something in input drive broke.