Hydraulics not working

/ Hydraulics not working #1  

CATMAN3208

Tractor
1991 John Deere 710c
A friend of mine is letting me use this backhoe for free so I cleaned it up a bit and put seals in the outriggers. I was trying to move some dirt and the bucket quit lifting, the power steering, outriggers, rear bucket, everything quit. I changed the filter underneath the hoe last week and everything was fine, topped off the fluid and no leaks. But, now it pulsates so bad and I can't get anything off the ground. I pulled a hose clamp off the cooler up front and tried to move the bucket to see if there was pressure, it blew the line off fine. The belt driven pump on the motor is turning fine, so I got under the hoe and looked for anything leaking or worn but everything looks fine. There is a block with hoses coming in and out of it right under the right side (sitting in it) in front of the rear tire on the frame, I took off this big bolt with a spring on the backside, oil came out and everything looked good. Any ideas? Im not an equipment mechanic but if pointed in the right direction I can figure most things out. Thank you, Kevin

/ Hydraulics not working #2  
You didn't say what kind of BH and about what year. There is alot of them out there. Some old ones have a lever on the left side that you may have moved.

/ Hydraulics not working
Sorry about that. Its a 1991 John Deere 710c. I went out again today and it did the same thing, you can throttle it up and try to move the bucket and the hoe but nothing. You have to keep shaking the lever to get the rear boom to move but it only moves about 6-8 inches off the ground and it takes a few minutes.

/ Hydraulics not working #4  
"IF" the lines going to your control are Not hard lines you might try switching the bucket and boom around. That might tell you something beings you have no way to check pressure..