Inexpensive "manual" 3rd function valve

/ Inexpensive "manual" 3rd function valve #1  

kiotiken

Veteran Member
Tractor
2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab
Does anybody have any suggestions for adding an inexpensive manual 3rd function valve? I have a pull type (inverted) snow blower with hydraulic rotation, hydraulic deflection and a hydraulic scrapper blade. I have a Kioti DK45 SE Cab and unfortunately I only have two set of remotes and there's no OEM option to add a 3rd. I also don't want to spend a bunch of money, it's just not worth it to me. Here are the options I'm considering.

1) Replacing the two hydraulic cylinders that operate the scraper blade with lengths of chain. When the blower is lifed, the chains will lift the blade, when it's lowered, the chain will be long enough to let it drag. Obviously no down force with this option.

2) Get good hose covers and go back and forth with what's plugged in. Once the blade is down, I shouldn't need to move it again since I lift the entire blower anyway. I also shouldn't need to adjust the chute deflection very often. I'm not sure which I would use more. Obviously a bit of a PITA and may not work that well if the hydraulics have any leaks at all.

3) Close to option 2 and the subject of this thread, adding another set of ports that plug into one of the two current sets. All 3 functions could then be plugged in. Since I really don't want to spend much money on it (no electrice selector valves), I'm thinking of a manual valve that could direct the oil to one set or the other. A single valve would be great, but 1 for supply and 1 for return would be OK to, I just want to be able to open the back window, reach down and make the change when I need to.

/ Inexpensive "manual" 3rd function valve
Thanks guys, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Now that I know it exists and what it's called and what choices I have, I'll ask my local hydraulic shop to see what it would cost there and if that doesn't work, I'll order one of the ones you guys posed online.

/ Inexpensive "manual" 3rd function valve #5  
How about a non-hydraulic option for the chute rotation? I have some 24v electric cylinders probably from a gate opener system. They work just fine on 12v and the travel speed and distance seems perfect for a chute rotator. No fancy switches even needed. Hit it once with power it advances until you cut the switch. Hit it again and it reverses. With a pushbutton and a linkage you could obtain any position you want. A double tap gives you further advance or retract. Plenty of force available, even at 12v.