Additional Hydraulic Valves

/ Additional Hydraulic Valves #1  

jseng

Tractor
Cub Cadet 7305
I need to add additional hydraulic valves to the rear of my Cub Cadet 7305. Could I use electric solenoid valves instead of a traditional stacked valves set? What considerations should I make if I choose to go this route? I already have a loader so I could supply the valves with the Power Beyond from the loader valve.

/ Additional Hydraulic Valves #2  
If you want to supply fluid from one point to another, an electric valve will work.

If you need feather action, or variable speed operation, then a lever valve is necessary.

/ Additional Hydraulic Valves #3  
Or, depending upon your use, you could switch the hydraulics after the loader valve so that your loader controls operate either the loader or the new circuit. For some things, that is a great idea. For others, not so much.

Ken

/ Additional Hydraulic Valves
One reason I was considering an electric valve was to hide the valve body and activate it with a switch, since there isn't much room for valve bodies and levers to activate them on these tractors. The electric valves I ordered from Northern Tool were WAY too large to mount anywhere. How would this electric setup work to operate a hydraulic cylinder using a momentary switch?

/ Additional Hydraulic Valves #6  
One reason I was considering an electric valve was to hide the valve body and activate it with a switch, since there isn't much room for valve bodies and levers to activate them on these tractors. The electric valves I ordered from Northern Tool were WAY too large to mount anywhere. How would this electric setup work to operate a hydraulic cylinder using a momentary switch?

The solenoid valve operation depends on the type switch.

A momentary switch [ push button ], will allow fluid to flow as long as you press the button.

A toggle switch can be momentary or lock on. If you lock a solenoid on, it will have a constant flow of fluid. That would be OK with a hyd motor, but if the solenoid is locked on with a cyl, the cyl will fill and the tractor relief valve will go into relief.