Weak Loader or what

/ Weak Loader or what
Loader is plumbed to the main hydraulics (I have two remotes behind the seat ). Thanks for the link JJ. Meant to answer a previous question...loader operates through It's complete range just not with any serious weight (round bale).

/ Weak Loader or what #12  
The 3pt will lift at idle just fine, but it will not lift my round bales (#1000 lbs) until I rev up the engine. I am kidding myself by trying to troubleshooting without a pressure guage huh...

yep, kidding yourself........having to rev to get enough pressure is an indication of a bad/worn pump......the milky fluid is doing it's damage internally to all components......better do your housekeeping thoroughly (clean, change oil and filter and repeat)

you need to flow test it before doing anything else......sorry

/ Weak Loader or what #13  
You could have a multitude or problems.

Worn pump

Worn loader spools

Debris in relief valve

Worn loader cyl seals

Contaminated fluid

Recommendations would be to flush the hyd well.

Install a hyd gage and do some testing.

Check relief valve settings.

Do or have someone do a hyd flow test.

/ Weak Loader or what
The reason I think the pump is still ok is because the guy a bought from said he used it to dig a hole just two months ago without issue. Anyhow, thanks for the help guys...I am going to (as recommended) flush it again and pressure test when I get a guage. Merry Christmas

/ Weak Loader or what
One more thing...worst case scenario...bad hyd pump. I can get a rebuilt for @$600. Can I replace it myself or is it a dealer only deal with special tools?

/ Weak Loader or what #16  
I would think a worse case senario would not be just the pump......it would rather be internally rusted control valves and barrels inside the cylinders too

That milky hyd oil does lots of damage over time, it makes rust which contaminates everything floating around

/ Weak Loader or what
I don't think internal rust and corrosion is the issue. When I pulled the spool valve it moved freely and was clean as a whistle. Same with the other valve just behind it also, when I bleed my hyd lines nothing but clear (milky) fliud came out

/ Weak Loader or what #18  
Can you hear your relief valve activating?

If you install a hyd gage in the hyd system, you will see that sometimes it takes very little pressure to do a job.

When you fully extend or retract your cyl, do you hear the relief valve squeal?

If your pump is working at specs, you will know if cyl or spools are leaking. The cyl and or hyd motors is what develops hyd pressure. Any blockage will also develop pressure.

Look at your hyd pump and see if you can unbolt it from the tractor. If so, then you can remove and replace it, saving you shop labor.

You need to know the relief valve setting.

/ Weak Loader or what #19  
guess you know what dealer I use Ed of all trades :). I am a a decent "wrench"... fixing the problem is my strong suit..diagnosing the problem is my weakness............................................................................................., and if the pump is in need of a rebuild, wouldn't my 3pt not lift my round bales

Didn't you say you had to rev it up to pick it your round bales..??

If your pump WAS good, it would lift it up at idle....it would work slower but it would work....:2cents:

/ Weak Loader or what #20  
I don't think internal rust and corrosion is the issue. When I pulled the spool valve it moved freely and was clean as a whistle. Same with the other valve just behind it also, when I bleed my hyd lines nothing but clear (milky) fliud came out

Not suggesting the milky watery fluid is your immediate problem......rather I am saying the milky watery fluid eventually leads to component failure, which you have now

And you don't know how long the oil has looked like this, right?

Even after you find your immediate problem, the water (sometimes air entrainment looks milky too......from bad pump or suction hose) needs to be addressed too