Weak Loader or what

/ Weak Loader or what
I see what ya mean...you make a good point. I will not be able to get back to this till Monday and I hope to have secured a guage by then...EVERYONE A BIG THANKS FOR THE TIPS AND ADVISE.

/ Weak Loader or what #22  
wdchyd,

I can't remember if your video flow/pressure test was at idle.

Perhaps you can provide a link to that video so Tony G can see what is involved.

/ Weak Loader or what #23  
JJ,

It shows 2000 rpm. 2800 rpm and 1200 rpm (idle)

this vid shows what a perfectly good new system should look like....keep in mind that this test was done on the PB outlet just before it goes into my backhoe connection, it shows how the PRV will slowly open up as the pressure is reached....

Had this test been done just after the pump outlet, then the gpm should not diminish and stay steady

I'll have to bring in the vid camera to work next time a job comes that has a bad pump to show results

Kubota Flow/Load Meter Test - Tractor Videos - Kubota, John Deere, New Holland and More

Last edited:
   / Weak Loader or what #24  
If the gpm needle was jumping, that would indicate air entrainment (loose suction hose, worn shaft seal)

If the gpm doesn't change from idle to full rpm then it may indicate cavatation (collapsed suction hose or plugged suction screen)

/ Weak Loader or what #25  
TonyG, your 3PH could have a leaky lift cylinder and be sluggish to lift a round bale. With the round bale lifted, if you shut off the engine, does the 3PH and round bale drop to the ground pretty quick or hold steady without dropping? This test will tell if you most likely have a leaking 3PH or low pressure.

Another thing, are you sure all your remotes are centered? Depending on system flow and priority, this could be an issue. Normally, the FEL is first in line from the hydraulic pump, but you just never know how a non-OEM loader might be plumbed.

The pressure gage will tell you some info about pressure, but it won't tell you for sure if it is the pump or something passing fluid back to the reservoir. If you had water in the fluid enough to make it milky, the system relief could have opened and be partially clogged so that it is not closing. That will reduce overall system pressure, but you should be able to hear it hissing and also it will get pretty warm.

/ Weak Loader or what
Ya know I don't recall hearing the PRV ....I have had it all through the range of travel but have not noticed the valve. Will not get back to it till Monday....will double check then.

/ Weak Loader or what
When I remove the plug and spring holding the spool valve should the spool valve fall out of the multiple control valve unit? I tried to pull it out with my index finger but it seemed to be lodged in there. I just realised I had mistaken the PRV valve for the spool valve.

/ Weak Loader or what
okay boys ...200 psi at idle, 1200 psi at full throttle. Time for a new pump $498 with warranty. :(

/ Weak Loader or what #29  
okay boys ...200 psi at idle, 1200 psi at full throttle. Time for a new pump $498 with warranty. :(

I bet that will fix it, however, I would get all that milky fluid cleared out of the system before installing and running the new pump. Ken Sweet