Weak Loader or what

/ Weak Loader or what #31  
okay boys ...200 psi at idle, 1200 psi at full throttle. Time for a new pump $498 with warranty. :(

Explain how you did the test, and how was the relief valve set. Was the relief cranked all the way closed?

/ Weak Loader or what
Uh oh ...sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about (really showing my ignorance here) but I don't really know what the relief is...much less how to tighten or loosen it. Here is where I am at so far: first the fluid is now clear, red hi-trans...filter was replaced...spool valve was removed and inspected( seemed fine).. all lines were bleed until fluid was red and clear...removed the valve immediately behind spool valve (not sure what it is called but it seemed fine). I did note that I have to rev the engine (three point)to lift a bale and it will settle if I don't keep the rpms up. As far as the pressure test, I simply plugged the guage in at the disconnect that feeds the loader....started the tractor and took readings at idle 1500 and full throttle (@2500).

/ Weak Loader or what #33  
............ As far as the pressure test, I simply plugged the guage in at the disconnect that feeds the loader....started the tractor and took readings at idle 1500 and full throttle (@2500).

Tony, Do not do that test on your new pump, or you'll be buying another $500 pump or worse a trip to the ER.......You can thank your lucky stars that pump was NG.......deadheading the pressure line that feeds your FEL from the pump is court disaster and dangerous to anyone standing nearby

Next time use a t inline on that connection or test on a port that comes out of a work port from the control valve

/ Weak Loader or what
How long will you guys put up with me.... I remember reading about dedheading but I did obviously did not grasp the meaning. Thank you for clarifying ...

/ Weak Loader or what #35  
Tony G,

I am still not sure how you did the test.

Could you do it again like this.

Plug your gage into the work ports hose, closest to the valve lever .

Have the engine running at about 1200 rpm.

Pull the lever so part of the spool shaft comes out of the valve, momentarily, and read the pressure.

Did the pressure relief activate, and did the engine slow down?

Run the engine to 2500 rpm and do the same thing. Read the pressure.

On the 3pt, if you can raise the bale and then release the lever, the spool should block any fluid flow in neutral if things are good.

If the bale descends, then you have bad 3pt cyl seals or a worn spool in the 3pt valve.

For permanent installation of the pressure gage, install a tee at the valve IN port and use fittings to install the 3000 psi hyd gage.

Anything you do using hyd will be reflected on the gage, be it loader operation or 3pt operation. Use it to monitor your hyd system and for trouble shooting .

/ Weak Loader or what #36  
Most tractors with gear pumps are fixed displacement with no pressure relief valve......meaning: deadhead it, start it up and go boom......:thumbdown:

The pressure relief valve on most tractors are built in on the control valve to limit pressure to max settings from the manufacturer and return excess flow back to tank

There always exceptions but in general most tractors are plumbed this way so be carefull how you test

/ Weak Loader or what #37  
JJ,

Maybe I jumped the gun......I read it as he plugged into the hose that connects the loader "valve" but maybe he meant the loader "cylinders"

One word changes everything

/ Weak Loader or what
JJ the only valve levers I know of are the three point hitch lever and the lever right below the three point that provides pressure to my remotes. the FEL supply line comes out from under my seat. my three point lift will drop wether that (remote?) lever is engaged or in neutral position. I am gonna take your directions over there this morning and try to do as you advise. wdchyd, I has the guage plugged into that line coming out from beneath my seat...so I think you were correc there was no place for the fluid to go or by-pass (dead heading?). Can I just hook up the guage to one of the remotes and test there?

/ Weak Loader or what #39  
Yes. you can plug into a remote outlet, and do the same test I suggested.

If there is any debris under the first valve in the series flow, that valve relief will never seat and therefore pass fluid on to tank, and never get a good test.

/ Weak Loader or what
there is 1 other thing I totally forgot to mention ...when I first brought the tractor home not only was the oil milky ,but it was also about 3 or 4 gallons low on hydraulic fluid . there's a very good chance air could have been trapped in that hydraulic pump . I just was not suspecting the pump because the previous owner was so adamant about the loader working properly