Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Default Re: Weak Loader or what

Tony, I don't think you'll be in any danger if you disconnect quick connects and install a gage. Your system pressure relief seems to be installed in the plate where your hydraulic oil filter attaches. I don't know how the Doall loader is plumbed, but you can look at and verify your locations and components by going to this website and entering "585" in the model block. You'll see a list of tractors including the older International 585. Choose the Case 585 and then look at the pictorial index. Your hydraulic system piping is shown in several of the drawings. For detail view, go to the Hydraulics section and click on the specific items. I believe you'll find that pressure relief is built into your pump and filter base or some other location that is still in the system when you disconnect the loader. Otherwise, if you ever remove the loader from your tractor you would have to do a complete replumbing to add a relief valve to your tractor. I don't think that would be prudent design.
    Jim

Tractor
    Case 585

I just hooked up the pressure gauge to the remote ...the pressure read the exact same as it did when I had it hooked to the disconnect for the FEL. I raised and lowered the 3pt hitch while I had the tractor at 1500 rpm. raising the 3pt would be a 200 psi drop until it finished travel then the pressure would return to previously listed . there is no difference in noise no stalling no change in RP M's when the loader maxed travel or when the 3pt topped out the travel...I tried several times to hear the pressure relief valve engage I don't think it is ...I don't think there is enough PSI to engage the pressure relief valve .

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660

Maybe the relief is just cranked open a little right now.

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Any tractor using hyd will have a relief valve. If there is no loader, there is usually a relief valve at the 3pt . There could also be another relief valve at what some call the hyd block like on the kubota's. The first relief valve after the pump is what sets the tractor relief pressure.

So if you install a loader, and the flow comes from the hyd block, that will be the master relief, you would then set the other reliefs to match the master relief.

I am assuming that there was no load on the 3pt when you were doing the test. If you just raise and lower the 3pt with no load, you will only see very little pressure.

When you pulled the lever to raise and held it there you said the pressure only went to 1200 psi. Correct

I still think you should take the pump to a hyd shop and let them do a pressure and flow test and give you an estimate to rebuild if needed.

Your 3pt cyl probably needs new seals also.

Your tractor will work with some GPM's, and some pressure caused by a worn pump, but you will know the difference with a new or rebuilt pump and new seals on the 3pt cyl.

It is a good idea to take a hyd gage with you when buying tractors, because the seller will say just about anything to sell a product.
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Leejohn View Post
    Maybe the relief is just cranked open a little right now.
    If that valve has PB, the relief valve leaking can be checked. The relief only passes fluid when the pressure is above the relief setting, and that occurs when the cyl is maxed out, or something is blocking fluid downstream.

The OUT port will only pass the cyl expended fluid to tank and/or the relief pressure over flow.

So, remove the OUT port hose hose. If the relief valve is leaking there will be fluid flowing from the OUT port with valve in neutral, and engine running.
    Last edited by J_J; 12-20-2012 at 11:19 AM.
    J.J.

Git er done.

Tractor
    Kubota B2320

Quote Originally Posted by J_J View Post

It is a good idea to take a hyd gage with you when buying tractors, because the seller will say just about anything to sell a product.
    Good point.....I've seen a few customers come in to my place wanting the cheap way out on fixes.....just to find out the machine is going bye-bye to an auction, traded in, or sold..........some people don't have any problem pushing their troubles to someone else

They know if it was running great it would probably still be setting in their barn
    2010 Kubota B2320 FEL & BH65
    If it ain't fixed don't broke it!

http://www.tractorbynet.com/content/...-month-wdchyd/

Tractor
    Case 585

Yeah...all good points. My family says that I always try to run potential buyers off when I sell something by telling the buyer every little thing that is wrong. But I know how I feel right now; and, I don't wish that for anyone. That being said , I plan to make this tractor a keeper so I would rather bite the bullet now then have it go down when I need it most.

Tractor
    Case 585

Thank you guys for all the help...Merry Christmas.

Tractor

After I took my pump apart, I could see it was worn, but didn't know how much so I took it to a hyd tech and at a glance, he said you might as well buy a new pump as it will cost you more to do a major rebuild.

I went ahead and ordered a new pump.
    J.J.

Git er done.

Tractor
    Case 585

Old pump out ..new pump in! I had to remove several metal "hard lines" in order to remove the multicontrol valve and hyd pump. Question: is there any particular way to bleed the system...I mean it is a full of air now; and, do I need to worry about cavitation?(sp).

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast