Weak Loader or what

/ Weak Loader or what #51  
If your pump has fluid at the input, as you work the hyd, the air will self purge.

/ Weak Loader or what
Well...like I said...replaced the hydraulic pump and the loader and three point still seem weak. Borrowed the guage from the case dealer today. Before pump replacement, I'd get 1200psi at 2000rpms, now; after installing the new pump, I get 1600psi at 2K. The dealer service guys say I have a bad PRV...they said that CaseIH came out with an improved valve. They are going to order one for me and if it doesn't solve the problem they will let me return it for a refund (can't beat that). What do ya think J.J?

/ Weak Loader or what #53  
Do you know the pumps rated pressure?

Did you set the relief pressure.

Did you check/set the 3pt relief.

If the PRV is bad, just replace the PRV.

How did you do the test.

Was the cyl you used, a leak free cyl.

A flow and pressure test would be a good thing.

/ Weak Loader or what
I did not set/change any existing relief pressure....The 3pt does leakdown at idle...so maybe that cylinder is leaking. I'll let you know what I find on Monday when the PRV comes in.

/ Weak Loader or what
well I just replace the pressure relief valve ..made no difference in the amount of hydraulic pressure ...

/ Weak Loader or what
I am thinking that I have an internal leak....I pulled the plate off that is under the set and I could see the fluid circulating down in the cavities but one cannot see the actual pump. Case dealer tol me to pull off the MCV AGAIN and make sure I don't have an O ring out of place. Dealer said I should have much more pressure that 200psi at idle no matter where i test it. I'm definitely getting a crash course on hydraulics....at this point, I am ready to burn my barn down with the tractor in it!

/ Weak Loader or what #57  
Do you have a known good cyl to do some testing?

Do you have a hyd gage installed in a tee at the IN port of the FEL valve?

If so, run a hose to the good cyl from the work ports, start engine rev rpm's to 2500,and pull lever back for that spool until the relief valve squeals, and tell us the pressure.

Next test, with the FEL valve lever in neutral, raise the 3pt until the relief squeals, and read the pressure.

Have you asked the dealer what the pumps max pressure rating is?

Last edited:
   / Weak Loader or what #58  
I'm kinda agreeing with the dealer where you may have something out of place.....You may need to find another trained set of eyes and hands when it comes apart for comfort.....look over all tubing and fittings too

with everything mounted internally it may be by-passing back to tank prematurely

/ Weak Loader or what
JJ the pressure reading doesn't change at max rpm even when the relief valve squeels. replace the pressure relief valve with a brand new 1 and did not make any difference . Going to carry her to the dealer in a couple weeks ,do a flow test ,and go from there. A special thanks to both of you for taking time to entertain these questions . I will let you know if and when I get it resolved .

/ Weak Loader or what #60  
Have you removed the hoses on the work ports and looked inside and also into the fitting to see if there is a restriction. Maybe they did poor machine work on the valve.

Have you removed the spool from the valve, otherwise, remove the bottom metal can, remove the float section, and spring centering section and actually pull the spool out of the valve?