Weak Loader or what

/ Weak Loader or what #1  

Tony G

Tractor
Case 585
Ok guys...newbe, greenhorn, whatever you call it...thats me. Question: Case 585 with DuAll 115 loader will not lift my round bales, for that matter, will not lift the front of the tractor off the ground. Recently purchased...previous owner states he never ever had any issues with the loader said he dug dirt with it @ two months ago. I have searched all related posts and I do not have any access to a pressure guage ( at least not without traveling 2 hours to a larger city). This is what I have done so far...replaced hydraulic oil and filter (the oil was milky and low) repacked both lift cylinders, and check the spool valve(?) it was not gummed up. The rear 3pt will lift my round bales at 2000rpm but idle it won't budge. I know you guys get tired of hobby farmers like me asking stupid questions, but, humor me please. I am wondering if I am missing something obvious.

/ Weak Loader or what #2  
Milky hydraulic fluid means moisture/water in the fluid. May take more than one change of filter and fluid to get all out of the system. The 3 point on every tractor I've owned was rated for more lift than the FEL, likely yours is the same. To lift tractor off the ground, you should turn the FEL bucket edge down to the ground and then lower FEL...when edge engages ground, it should lift tractor front wheels into the air some distance. My tractor gets front wheels about a foot off the ground that way, maybe a bit more.

I had a hydraulic dump trailer with independent pump ... fluid was milky...filters clogged...would not lift hardly at all...changed filter...and fluid...several times until fluid clear...then alll was well. If this doesn't get the job done for you, further action will depend on how good with wrenches you are, etc.

:welcome: to TBN

/ Weak Loader or what #3  
Sounds like water was in the oil, "milky" and I have to wonder if the pump is damaged and needs rebuilt. that would be my guess. Welcome to TBN, I used to live in Hillsburo, 7 or 8 years ago.

/ Weak Loader or what
guess you know what dealer I use Ed of all trades :). I am a a decent "wrench"... fixing the problem is my strong suit..diagnosing the problem is my weakness. just a note, although I don't have a pressure guage...I did manage to shoot a good stream of hydraulic fluid @ three foot from each fitting, and if the pump is in need of a rebuild, wouldn't my 3pt not lift my round bales

/ Weak Loader or what #5  
guess you know what dealer I use Ed of all trades :). I am a a decent "wrench"... fixing the problem is my strong suit..diagnosing the problem is my weakness. just a note, although I don't have a pressure guage...I did manage to shoot a good stream of hydraulic fluid @ three foot from each fitting, and if the pump is in need of a rebuild, wouldn't my 3pt not lift my round bales

I believe you stated you needed to be above 2000 RPM for the 3 point to work. That does not sound normal either. Shooting oil three feet does not require much pressure either.

Does the loader move empty? If yes I would invest in a gauge. There are places on-line that sell them and also fitting you may need to connect them to your tractor. gauge would be an inexpensive diagnostic tool. Places like discount hydraulic hose, surplus center, etc all should have gauges and fittings. I would recomend a liquid (glycerin) filled gauge and usually at least 20% range capabilty over your operating pressure for a margin of safety.

/ Weak Loader or what #6  
I couldn't tell if the 3 pt wouldn't work at all, or if it just wouldn't pick up a bale until 2000 RPM?

/ Weak Loader or what
The 3pt will lift at idle just fine, but it will not lift my round bales (#1000 lbs) until I rev up the engine. I am kidding myself by trying to troubleshooting without a pressure guage huh...

/ Weak Loader or what #8  
Ok guys...newbe, greenhorn, whatever you call it...thats me. Question: Case 585 with DuAll 115 loader will not lift my round bales, for that matter, will not lift the front of the tractor off the ground. Recently purchased...previous owner states he never ever had any issues with the loader said he dug dirt with it @ two months ago. I have searched all related posts and I do not have any access to a pressure guage ( at least not without traveling 2 hours to a larger city). This is what I have done so far...replaced hydraulic oil and filter (the oil was milky and low) repacked both lift cylinders, and check the spool valve(?) it was not gummed up. The rear 3pt will lift my round bales at 2000rpm but idle it won't budge. I know you guys get tired of hobby farmers like me asking stupid questions, but, humor me please. I am wondering if I am missing something obvious.

Are you picking up your Loader valve hydraulic pressure from your rear remotes or from the main hydraulic power supply line? Ken Sweet

/ Weak Loader or what #9  
He doesn't have a pressure gauge. .... ah, i guess you mean how are the hydraulics plumbed...from rear remotes or the main supply line??

Are you picking up your Loader valve hydraulic pressure from your rear remotes or from the main hydraulic power supply line? Ken Sweet

/ Weak Loader or what #10  
You should be able to build something like this with parts from places like Surplus or Discount hydraulics.

Gage- Surplus Center - 3000 PSI 2.5" LF LM GAUGE
reducer fitting
hose
Female 1/4 in QD

You can add a male QD at any point in the hyd circuit you want to test.

Attachments

• 3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 143
  • 3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 187