Bought Ford 777F FEL and it is leaking down rapidly

/ Bought Ford 777F FEL and it is leaking down rapidly #1  

Browning12

Tractor
65 Ford 5000
Have older Ford 5000 (65), added a 777F FEL, using Factory Control valve (2-spool, with detents) the top lever will raise/lower loader and bucket using the current setup (on/off valve on loader that shifts fluid from one system to the other). Want to add control valve and see if this fixes my issue. Issue is both systems leak down rapidly. Also, will not pick up full bucket of gravel. I've fully extended FEL and added fluid to get it up to correct levels, was about 4gal low! I've also toyed with the rear switch to get both systems working concurrently and pulled out the black knob, (according to owners manual). Bought a Chief CV at TSC, double spool, open , but it seems too big. It weighs 25lbs!! Will it be OK to downsize this control valve to one that is double spool open and weighs about 12 lbs? Also, if I need to rebuild/repack the cylinders I'm assuming I need to disconnect the FEL. it appears it only has top pins, do you tie up the FEL and pull those pins (one on each side?) Thanks for any help!

/ Bought Ford 777F FEL and it is leaking down rapidly #2  
If you matched the GPM of the valve to tractor pump flow you should be good.

What is the condition of your fluid? Clear , milky, etc?

Have you changed filters and cleaned screens if you have them?

Have you taken any pressure readings?

Have you heard the relief valves activating lately.

If you have installed the new valve and the lift arms still leak down, I would suspect the lift arm cyl for worn seals.

/ Bought Ford 777F FEL and it is leaking down rapidly
Have not installed the CV, wasnt sure I got the right one. fluid looks like oil should, just added alot of new fluid, I will get a hydraulic gauge and start testing , not sure how to identify the GPM of the tractor pump but if it is less than the CV will this have negative impact? Also , if the two hoses were hooked up backwards would this cause these symptoms?, I traced one coming out of the factory CV under seat and the one that said drop appeared to go through the original on/off valve all the way to the bottom of the cylinders.
Thanks for the direction, exactly what I needed, an idea where to go next, as you can prob tell this is my first tractor!

/ Bought Ford 777F FEL and it is leaking down rapidly #4  
   / Bought Ford 777F FEL and it is leaking down rapidly #5  
Make one of these. Cost about $30

Attachments

• 3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 68
  • 3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 87
OK it says Max Flow Rate 30GPM, according to tractor data the ford 5000 has a pump that flows 6gpm.

that is great thanks for the the link(s), 12 lbs sounds more like size I need, Ill take this 25lb CV back to TSC and order a smaller one, next step will be the cylinders, on the loader I have to unattach it appears to be two pins. does that sound correct? If I have to rebuild the one cylinder that has oil on arm the loader will definitely need to be unattached, I plan on chaining it up to tree limb

that looks just like the one I use to compression test my boat & chainsaw engines, you just get one for hydraulics and use same principle I see, where is best place to find one of those? , I only have Northern Tool and TSC nearby, maybe Farmers Co-op, or I guess online

/ Bought Ford 777F FEL and it is leaking down rapidly #10  
that looks just like the one I use to compression test my boat & chainsaw engines, you just get one for hydraulics and use same principle I see, where is best place to find one of those? , I only have Northern Tool and TSC nearby, maybe Farmers Co-op, or I guess online

Make sure to get a 3000 psi gage.

Surplus Center - 3000 PSI 2.5" LF LM GAUGE

Those stores you mention should have the parts.

Are you sure you have to un-attach the loader to remove the cyl.