Which spool valve?

/ Which spool valve? #1  

Fish1102

Tractor
Kubota L3700SU
Hey guys, first post. Thanks ahead for all the info. I've been reading alot from the forums on rear hydraulics, power beyond and top and tilt kits. I'm really interested in adding a top and tilt kit to my Kubota L3700SU. I have basic understanding of hydraulics and thanks to the forums, have figured out the power beyond concept. I am in the process of gathering parts for a top and tilt kit for my tractor and was looking through all the spool valve at the Surplus Center. Any recomendations on which 2 Spool valve would be best for my particular tractor? Thanks again.

/ Which spool valve? #2  
Maybe this one. I prefer stacking valves, easier and cheaper to add more valves in the future if-when needed. I would get both valves with the float function. Always nice to have float when needed vs needing it and not having it. ;)

/ Which spool valve? #3  
Agree.

Total Price
2 SPOOL SV VALVE OPEN CENTER W/POWER BEYOND
Item# 9SV-2-Y
Components:
- SVW1DD1 (DA CYL SPOOL W/DETENTED FLOAT POSITION) #PSV D SECTION
- POWER BEYOND OUTLET SECTION #SVE22
- SAE8 RELIEF INLET SECTION #SVI15
- 2 SECTION TIE ROD KIT #660401002 $290.95 in

$290.95

Subtotal
$290.95

Attachments

• Surplus Center   2 SPOOL SV VALVE OPEN CENTER W POWER BEYOND.png
    Surplus Center 2 SPOOL SV VALVE OPEN CENTER W POWER BEYOND.png
    534.4 KB · Views: 230
   / Which spool valve?
Thanks a million guys.

/ Which spool valve? #5  
Agree.

Total Price
2 SPOOL SV VALVE OPEN CENTER W/POWER BEYOND
Item# 9SV-2-Y
Components:
- POWER BEYOND OUTLET SECTION #SVE22
- SAE8 RELIEF INLET SECTION #SVI15
- 2 SECTION TIE ROD KIT #660401002 $290.95 in

$290.95

Subtotal
$290.95

J_J, do you think these valves are okay for a L3940 with total hydraulic flow of 14.7gpm. The valves are rated at 12gpm nominal and 16gpm maximum.
Thx.

/ Which spool valve? #6  
You will not notice much difference as most tractor owners don't run their tractors at max rpm anyway.

You don't have to get stacked valves if you only need one spool with float. A monoblock valve will work. , and less expensive.

/ Which spool valve? #7  
J_J, do you think these valves are okay for a L3940 with total hydraulic flow of 14.7gpm. The valves are rated at 12gpm nominal and 16gpm maximum.
Thx.

You are only running the implement pump flow through any of the remote valves. For your tractor that is 9.8 GPM. You would have no problem at all.

I typically recommend stacking valves because it is sooooooooo easy to add more valves at a very low cost in the future. Once a person realizes how easy and efficient hydraulic functions can be, they often want more. JJ is correct though, a monoblock valve is less $$$ if that is all that you will ever need. ;)

/ Which spool valve?
Thanks again guys. Brian, I just ordered my top & tilt kit from you. I am getting ready to order the valve you guys suggested and was just wondering if there was anything else I needed from the Surplus Center before I ordered. I was thinking of getting my hoses made locally, reason being, I will mount valve and then get measurements for hoses.

/ Which spool valve? #10  
Thanks for the order. Thumbsup: Did you decide on a double or triple valve setup? My double is $330 and a triple is about $400. I can do hoses cheap and fast. ;) The valve can go out tomorrow if need be. :cool: