Electric over hydraulic remote setup?

/ Electric over hydraulic remote setup? #1  

puckgrinder85

Platinum Member
Tractor
'13 Yanmar Lx4100
Taking a look at fitrite's website and I noticed this page with electric controlled remote valves : vavlves

I have power beyond on my tractor already and am running a valve for my grapple bucket that I want to remove and just run off a rear remote. I plan on setting up two or three rear remotes and running the grapple bucket off one and a hydraulic top link off another. This seems like it may work for me as I dont have a ton or room to put a valve block near where I could reach it with standard spool valves/ handles, not to mention all the hoses required. If I could run my power beyond fluid through the remote block and save on all the hoses it seems like it would be a space saving solution. Is this a viable option? I know solenoids are on and off, i'd be required to flow control maybe the top link in some manner possibly but thats not a huge issue. I can mount a few buttons where I see fit to operate the solenoids and ultimately the attachments. Anyone done this?

/ Electric over hydraulic remote setup? #2  
Will you need float on your T-N-T setup?

/ Electric over hydraulic remote setup?
Nope, just to control two double acting cylinders is all. Im not going for tilt, just the top link and remote for my grapple. I can run the grapple hoses up to the front.

Btw- is fit rite a member here on the board?

/ Electric over hydraulic remote setup? #4  
Get a float on the remote for your top link. It will make hooking up easier. Brian from FIT Rite is a advertiser on this blog.

I have a quick attach and have no issues hooking up. I want to keep this as simple as I can.

/ Electric over hydraulic remote setup? #6  
Get a float on the remote for your top link. It will make hooking up easier. Brian from FIT Rite is a advertiser on this blog.

He wants to use solenoid valves to control the T-N-T, and the grapple, therefore he has no feather or float. Just instant on or off.

He can get flow control via tractor engine speed or a needle valve.

So it sounds feasible that I could do this huh? I'll have to talk to Brian to see what valve were used on that tractor on his site, I would like to get those same ones for the same setup.

/ Electric over hydraulic remote setup? #8  
puckgrinder85, the valve bank that you are looking at is a bank of 3 diverter valves and require an actual control valve to be operated properly. I use the single OEM rear remote valve to control the flow of those three diverter valves. I think that what you are looking for is a bank of true 3rd function valves. I am not sure that they can be installed in the same compact way that the diverter valves can be. :confused3: Is there any way that you can live with your existing single remote valve that you currently have and use that to control the diverter valves?

Ok, I think i know what you mean. Let me see if this is right. You have an extra control valve that goes to the bank of valves on the back of the machine. The remote you want to use is dependant on a push button or something and then you use the control valve to control that remote and you can switch between which remote you want to control correct?

Im actually trying to get rid of the control valve as i think its wrong in my application and is causing me issues with my downstream 3pt hitch. Trying to come up with a good solution to get rid of the valve and adding a few remotes at the same time. Trying to explore my options and make myself happy the first time around.

Ps- I dont have any remotes as of now, I have a valve installed that goes from my power beyond up to the front grapple bucket and thats it.