Class I Hydraulic Top Link Sources???

/ Class I Hydraulic Top Link Sources??? #1  

Glenn9643

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 1455v 4wd, 1040FEL
I did locate one at Rankin Equipment Company - "our part # T2.5x8-18-1. It is 18" collapsed, 8" stroke, category I ends. It has 9/16" ORB ports on it. It has a list price of $260, plus shipping and COD charges. We have this cylinder in stock." Seems mighty expensive. I have one that I bought for my other tractor, Class II, with 20-1/2" retracted length for $160.00 plus shipping from Prince Direct. Now I need one 18" retracted length and 8" stroke for my Massey Ferguson 1455v and have been unable to locate anything within reason. Carter Machinery has posted to this forum indicating that he had them available, but now is sold out until fall (price is reasonable at $150.00). Seems to me that this would be worthwhile for a company to manufacture. 16", 18", and 20" retracted lengths are common and you would think be available readily.

/ Class I Hydraulic Top Link Sources??? #2  
Glenn9643,

I just bought a Tisco Cat 1 HTL ... 20" closed with 8" stroke. Has Cat 1 ball ends. Price was about $ 180 at my dealer and readily available.

/ Class I Hydraulic Top Link Sources???
20" closed length doesn't seem to be a problem to find. I could deal with Class II if I could find the 18" closed length with 8" stroke. I need 18" retracted length and 8" stroke for my Massey Ferguson 1455v.

/ Class I Hydraulic Top Link Sources??? #4  
Glenn, when I did my TnT, I bought that 20" Tisco and had an inch cut out of each end. I could have, and should have, done it myself, but instead I let a local hydraulics shop do it for me.

/ Class I Hydraulic Top Link Sources???
I may have to resort to that myself Bird. I was hoping that by now they would be available ready-made. After the fuss I've made with my dealer to be sure they placed the joy-stick for the TnT within reach of the back of the tractor I think they understood how important it was to me, and have indicated that they would be interested in stocking a few if I found a distributor. Not a lot of them in use around here. The salesman was aware of them but apparently hadn't really thought about how handy the TnT is. Now, I think he sees potential sales and has expressed an interest in stocking a few. As I said earlier, $260 for Class I when you can get Class II std 20" length for $160 is too high for me.

/ Class I Hydraulic Top Link Sources??? #6  
I did the same as Bird.
Here are the part numbers that I used at TSC to order the parts.
HTL2102 Top Link Cylinder) $185.70 TSC
(2” diameter, 20” long, 8” stroke)
HTL2202 Side Link Cylinder $185.70 TSC
(2” diameter, 13.5” long, 3.5” stroke)

My <font color="orange">Kubota </font> dealer said he could order the parts also.

/ Class I Hydraulic Top Link Sources??? #7  
Are those 2" cylinders beefy enough for top links? I thought most of the factory Top-N-Tilt kits use 4" cylinders.

/ Class I Hydraulic Top Link Sources??? #8  
They are Cat. 1 sized cylinders. They would not be heavy enough for Cat. 2.
Here is a picture of the top link cylinder on my tractor. Click Here