Hose on rear outlets keeps popping off.

/ Hose on rear outlets keeps popping off. #1  

sqdqo

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 492 w/Quicke Q750 loader
I have a 2006 New Holland TN75DA. I have a 3pt blower on the back with a hydraulically powered shoot rotation. One of the hoses on one the rear outlets keeps popping off. When I insert the fitting into the tractor fitting I pull on it to see that it's ecure and it seems to be. Yet when I actuate it with the lever inside the cab it pops off. My buddy who does equipment repair says they have had trouble with European hydraulic fittings popping off like that, any ideas? This pretty much makes that fitting un-useable.

/ Hose on rear outlets keeps popping off. #2  
Probably a small defect.

They do make QD's that lock and you have to twist and push/pull to remove the QD.

They also make screw together couplings.

Or just replace that set of QD's with another set.

/ Hose on rear outlets keeps popping off. #3  
there should be a stamped number on the fittings. make sure your using fittings that are meant to be coupled together. i had a fitting on my log splitter that wouldnt seat very well. after comparing numbers, i found the problem. i replaced one with the right part, and no p0roblems ever again. the old one looked like it fit ok, but in reality did not.

/ Hose on rear outlets keeps popping off. #4  
Like said above I would try a different male nipple. It could be a bad part. I also assume that you made sure the hose isn't too short? ISZ

/ Hose on rear outlets keeps popping off. #5  
I have a 2006 New Holland TN75DA. I have a 3pt blower on the back with a hydraulically powered shoot rotation. One of the hoses on one the rear outlets keeps popping off. When I insert the fitting into the tractor fitting I pull on it to see that it's ecure and it seems to be. Yet when I actuate it with the lever inside the cab it pops off. My buddy who does equipment repair says they have had trouble with European hydraulic fittings popping off like that, any ideas? This pretty much makes that fitting un-useable.

JD (and quite possible New Holland) uses QD couplers that are made in Italy, maybe that's what your buddy meant. These are pull-lock type and work great... most of the time. However when it gets very cold (like now) they sometimes give me trouble. Near-frozen lubricant makes them very difficult to push back for disconnect and once pushed all the way back they refuse to slide back front and lock over the new implement's coupler. Typically this causes pop-outs and massive leaks. My solution is to heat them up using a paint stripping gun (somewhat safer than a blow torch), at 10 below a hair dryer won't do diddly squat. Once the lubricant on the couplers melts to normal consistency you should be able to lock the blower hoses in place. For obvious reasons it is recommended to wear mechanics gloves when handling hot metal parts.

/ Hose on rear outlets keeps popping off. #6  
Duct tape.

/ Hose on rear outlets keeps popping off. #8  

No !. My guess is that you have at least one defective fitting OR its mismatched to its partner. Can you switch the couplings in order to deermine which one of the pair is 'bad' ? There is probably a published ISO standard on the exact dimensions of the fittings. If you can put a calipers on them, find out which one is out of spec. I suppose the other thing to check is the circlip spring retainer in case its broken. Also have you checked the female side for dirt ? That could keep the retainer from setting properly.