2007 ASV RC 100 - Heard a loud POP and then no Hydraulics

/ 2007 ASV RC 100 - Heard a loud POP and then no Hydraulics #1  

rhurst

Tractor
Kubota M135 Kubota MX5100 John Deere 5525 ASV RC100 Bobcat T320 and T190
I have a 2007 RC 100. I was using the machine to clear some light brush with a Davco brush cutter. Everything was working well when I heard and felt a loud POP. The unit immediately stopped forward movement. The arms would not move up or down. Especially down since I couldn't get the door open with the arms up. That sucks. The brush cutter that was operating began to slow. The joysticks did not operate. No Hydraulics at all. No high flow or low flow. The engine continued to run. I did not notice any smoke, debris or oil on the ground around the machine. I am not a mechanic and barely have enough sense to run this machine, I recognize that. But, I could not identify anything visually that would indicate what would be the issue.
I had just had the turbo charger replaced and this was my first chance to use the machine. Because the engine would crank and run smoothly after the loud Pop I don't think the turbo charger had anything to do with this issue.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

/ 2007 ASV RC 100 - Heard a loud POP and then no Hydraulics #2  
Loud pop, no hydraulics and the engine runs...

Im going to assume that there are multiple pumps . If I was to guess, id bet that whatever coupling was between the pump(s) and engine broke in some way...

/ 2007 ASV RC 100 - Heard a loud POP and then no Hydraulics
Had a real mechanic come look at my machine this morning. He had the same suggestion that you did. He placed a pressure gauge on some type of hydraulic port in the engine compartment and had me start the engine. No pressure. Engine runs fine. Now I am having to find a roll back wrecker to come get it and take it to the shop. Will let you know. Thanks

/ 2007 ASV RC 100 - Heard a loud POP and then no Hydraulics #4  
No worries! Hope it doesnt cost you too much to get it back to work.

/ 2007 ASV RC 100 - Heard a loud POP and then no Hydraulics
It's confirmed, I'm and idiot and do not need to be operating dangerous machinery.
I had a roll back wrecker drag my machine up on the deck and hall it to the local repair shop. Once there they determined that I had apparently hit something causing the door to become ajar thereby activating the safety switch and stopping all hydraulics. Makes sense. I was cruising along on uneven terrain and probably did hit something causing the door safety switch that had become loose to break contact. I had opened in closed the door several times in an attempt to get the machine running but never looked at the contact. Whatever I had hit was just enough of a bump to cause the loose contact to move enough so that opening and closing the door did not allow it to re-engage.
I asked why the mechanic that came to the site could not get pressure on the test gauge he applied to the hydraulics. Apparently, you have to "dead head" the hydraulics to test them and this guy didn't.
So, cheap fix but expensive lesson.

/ 2007 ASV RC 100 - Heard a loud POP and then no Hydraulics #6  
Glad you found the problem.....Chalk it up to education.....You'll know the next time

Having a broken coupler (or worse a snapped hyd pump shaft) can be a VERY expensive lesson.......Good thing it wasn't that....:thumbsup:

/ 2007 ASV RC 100 - Heard a loud POP and then no Hydraulics #7  
Dang safety switches!!!

Glad you got it fixed up!