Hydraulic hose change tip

/ Hydraulic hose change tip #1  

Nelson

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 45
When I was younger I used to jump right into a job without thinking ahead too much. Now that I have been around the block a few times, I tend to think things through a bit more. For example, I had a rub on a bucket hose on my backhoe where it goes through boom on the dipersitck end. First thing I did was put a section of rubber air hose split down the middle over the sharp edge to protect the hoses from further damage.
DSC00213.JPG

Next was to change the damaged hose with a new one (covered under warranty). Rather than disconnect the old hose and pull it out then try to thread the new one through, I taped the new one to the end of the old one and then pulled it through.
DSC00211.JPG

Now, the new one is in place and the old one is out all in one motion.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

/ Hydraulic hose change tip #2  
This post is gonna help someone out big time one day. That's an excellent way of doing it. Thanks for the pics.

/ Hydraulic hose change tip #3  
Pays to think ahead - where did I read somewhere where if you fail to plan - plan to fail. Thinking ahead saves alot of time too! Nice work there.

"its hard to make a comeback when you really haven't been anywhere"!

/ Hydraulic hose change tip #4  
Great tutorial, Nelson.

But, how did you get your pictures to show up in your post?

/ Hydraulic hose change tip #5  
I use that same tape method, replacing cables in a poultry house. It beats the heck out of carrying and ladder around and feeding the new cable through pulleys.

/ Hydraulic hose change tip #6  
Use this same "threading" tip on motorcycle cables. Works like a charm. You don't have to remove the seat, gas tank, etc. anymore!

/ Hydraulic hose change tip
You can use the Image button when you write your post. Just upload your pictures to your space on your ISP. They can give you instructions on how to do it. I uploaded my pictures to my ISP, used the Image button (which supplies the HTML code) and typed the file location inbetween the code. Here is what it looks like, (using generic names)
(image]http://www.myhomepagelocation.com/~myusername/test.jpg[/image)
Notice I replaced the leading and ending square brackets with () so you can see it. With the [] it would be read as code and try to get the picture at that address.

got to run now, but feel free to ask for clarification and I can type more later.

/ Hydraulic hose change tip
One last thing, right click the pictures and click on properties, and you can see the actual URL address.

/ Hydraulic hose change tip #9  
Thanks for the tips. I use DirecWay for my connection and I am not aware of them providing me any server space. One of these days I need to set up an account with a picture hosting service. Thanks.

/ Hydraulic hose change tip #10  
Who the heck is this guy?
3384.jpg

You can right-click on pictures on this website and then insert them as an (Image) too.