Kubota L305 hydraulics dead!

/ Kubota L305 hydraulics dead! #1  

chucksspot

Tractor
Kubota L305
Hi everyone, I have an old Kubota L305 with a LA480 loader and have noticed decrease in the power of the loader over the past year or so. The last time I used it, started it up lifted the loader and 3 pt. up and after just a few minutes they both were on the ground. And there is a whinning/grind noise comming from under the seat area. None of the hydraulic functions work on either the loader or the 3 pt. So it seams to me that the tractor will have to be pulled apart to get to the problem. I'm the floor guy not the tractor guy and hydraulics scare me! What could be the problem be, and how much might this cost to have a machanic come to my place to fix on site? I live in East Texas.

/ Kubota L305 hydraulics dead! #2  
It could be the relief valve stuck open on the 3pt. But progressively weaker hydraulics sounds lime either clogged filter/screen and/or pump worn out.

/ Kubota L305 hydraulics dead!
Is the pump internal?

/ Kubota L305 hydraulics dead! #4  
Usually on farm/utility type tractors it is on the engine. If you check the engine you should see 2 or 3 hard lines running from the back of the tractor. These should be connected to the hydraulic pump. The best bet is using the service manual. Check the sump screen/filter first before delving into a several hundred dollar pump replacement.

/ Kubota L305 hydraulics dead! #5  
I OWN THE SAME TRACTOR. THE PUMP IS ON THE ENGINE FOWARD OF THE BRAKE PEDDLE. THE FILTER IS THE LONG TUBE BELOW THE PUMP CLOSER TO THE PEDDEL.REMOVE THE 3 BOLTS FROM THE BOTTOM AND DROP THE FILTER .CLEAN WITH DEISEL.REASSEMBLE AND CHECK OIL LEVEL DIP STICK BETWEEN THE SHIFTER AND THE SEAT.

/ Kubota L305 hydraulics dead! #6  
When you take apart the filter be prepared to catch a pretty good amount of oil. Be sure to not lose the O ring. Clean filter with diesel, reassemble. After this I actually had to open the pillow block under the seat to blow the air out of the system that I had allowed in openning the system.

/ Kubota L305 hydraulics dead! #7  
Mine is a 1981, and was doing fine until 2 days ago. Showed the same symptoms as you described.
I'm going for the Hydraulic Filter, first off, and just hope. lol

/ Kubota L305 hydraulics dead! #8  
First, you need to determine if the reservoir is full and the filters are clean or replaced.

Next, determine if the pump is actually turning.

If there is fluid at the IN port of the pump, and the pump is good, then it will pump the fluid somewhere.

It could all go over a bad relief valve, but doubtful.

How much of the hyd system is working?

Put a hyd gage in a tee in the IN port of the FEL valve, and max out the lift cyl and see what pressure you have.

A worn out pump will slow down and just try and pump with very little pressure.

You could remove a pressure hose and see if the pump is pumping.