frozen hydrolics

/ frozen hydrolics #1  

vvbigbb

Tractor
Kubota M5700HD
My 13 year old Kubota M 5700HD won't move when the air temp is below 25 degeees. The power stearing and bucket work OK.

/ frozen hydrolics #2  
When did you last change the Hydraulic oil and HST filter? What oil did you use.? Something wrong with this picture. Shouldnt be any issue at that temp. Hydraulics and HST is on separate filter. I am thinking maybe the filter is plugged OR the oil is too thick. Perhaps you need to drain, flush, change all the filters and fill with SUDT2 , the full synthetic. It is supposed to flow better than the UDT or SUDT (I hear that SUDT is no longer stocked by dealers)

/ frozen hydrolics
Thanks Gary, I replaced the fluid and both filters about 300 hours ago, but last fall I power washed the tractor and I may have gotten water inside the dip stick tube. It's hard to believe enough water could have gotten in, but the system may be real sensitive. What do you think?

/ frozen hydrolics #4  
Powerwashing is a good thing on the north side of your house . Not so good on tractors .

/ frozen hydrolics #5  
Yea, water would be my first gut reaction.....ice don't like to go through screens and filters below freezing.....if there's water in the spring cups at the control valve it'll have the same effect