Massey Ferguson 2615 Bucket won't curl

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 Bucket won't curl #1  

Catfish Man

Silver Member
I have a MF 2615, the bucket won't curl.

All the other hydraulics are working fine. Hydraulic fluid level is in range.

I suspect it's a problem with the joystick, but I haven't had time to look at it in the daylight.

It should be under warranty so I'm not too worried (90 hours on the machine), I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 Bucket won't curl #2  
If your hoses to the loader connect with quick couplers sometimes just uncoupling and recoupling fixes problems.
You could also swap the boom hoses and bucket hoses and see if the bucket works with the boom control. (if the hoses are not color coded mark them before doing any swapping). I use different colored tie wraps.

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 Bucket won't curl
This morning is the first time I had time to fool with it, but it was raining, unplugged the quick connects, checked all hoses real good, double checked hydraulic fluid level.

Dealer is sending someone out to look at it, he thinks the joystick needs an adjustment.

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 Bucket won't curl #4  
If you would install a hyd gage in the hyd system, it will help you monitor and trouble shoot the hyd system.

Most loader valves are spring centered, and the spools close off the cyl fluid to lock them in place.

If the lever or cables does not push or pull the spool, that is a problem.

You could save yourself many dollars by investing in a hyd gage set like these.

You could mount a QD in a tee at the IN port of the FEL valve and it will tell you the pressure for most any hyd action.

If the spool is moving toward the lever, the cyl should react , and if not, the QD's would be the most likely problem, especially if there is pressure on the gage.

Attachments

• 3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 175
  • 3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
   / Massey Ferguson 2615 Bucket won't curl
Thanks guys, the mechanic come out today and took the spool apart, cleaned up some rough edges and put everything back together.

No charge covered under warranty.