Kioti KL254 loader cylinder leaking

/ Kioti KL254 loader cylinder leaking #1  

Don62

Tractor
'53 Farmall Super "C", '53 Ford NAA , '53 Ford 9N , '47 John Deere "B"
I have disassembled and replaced all seals but the cylinder is leaking from the rod gland retaining ring. The retaining ring was damaged so I fabricated a new one. Should this retaining ring have a point that seats in the anchor hole of the ring groove? If so where could I buy a new retaining ring?

/ Kioti KL254 loader cylinder leaking #2  
Can you furnish pix?

Not sure what your retaining ring looks like but sounds like the oring/backup got messed up during the reassembly?, or a cracked gland?

/ Kioti KL254 loader cylinder leaking
The cylinder rod end cap is not threaded onto the tube or secured with tie rods. The end cap has a groove machined into it for a metal wire

/ Kioti KL254 loader cylinder leaking
The cylinder rod end cap is not threaded onto the tube or secured with tie rods. The end cap has a groove machined into it for a metal wire
.125 size wire. The the end cap and rod assembly is inserted into the tube. When the end cap is seated completely the .125 wire is inserted through an opening in the tube into the groove of the end cap. The end cap is then rotated pulling the retaining wire in. Picture coming later

/ Kioti KL254 loader cylinder leaking #5  
.125" keystock works very good for making a replacement, a sharp bend hammered into the end and dressed up with a bench grinder works good too

But leaking there dictates a leaking oring, could be from the cyl having a rust ring or the gland groove being rough........you have either a bad oring or poor fit /finish on mating metal parts