ford 5000 lift trouble

/ ford 5000 lift trouble #1  

harrold

Tractor
ford 5000
rear 3 point arm won't lift.The front loader does not have the power it used to have. Where is suction filter located?

/ ford 5000 lift trouble #2  
is this off the single hydro pump or an engine mounted pump.. or a pto pump.

if off main pump.. do you have power bayond plate fed hyds.. or top cover remote fed.?

does the remote have correct pressure? ( 2250-2500 psi )

/ ford 5000 lift trouble #3  
Soundguy: I am having problems with a 5000 also. Can I ask you a question? I have an internal pump, and will not put out enough pressure to lift much weight. Do you know if the stock pump is worth dealing with, or should I go with a pto pump? I hvae an Easy On loader that wants about 11 gmp, if memory serves me correctly. I did some calculations and it appears that this one is only putting our about 6. Dont have a guage, and would not know where to connect it. Do you have any thoughts??? Thanks!
R

/ ford 5000 lift trouble #4  
pressure and flow are 2 different things. i think a 5000 kicks out 7gpm and should be common agg pressure of 2250-2500 psi I'd think.

if your 3pt won't lift.. I'd pressure test the system before I did anything else..

/ ford 5000 lift trouble #5  
Do you have any hyd flow at all?

If you have flow and raise the 3pt, does anything work.

If you try and raise the loader, does anything work?

If you have a 3000 psi hyd gage, install it in a tee in the IN/input port of the FEL valve.

If you hold the lever on the FEL full fwd, does the relief valve activate, and if so, the pump is working at the set relief pressure. and the trouble lies elsewhere.

/ ford 5000 lift trouble #6  
Here is a picture/sign for the FORD guys.

Attachments

• ford tractor.jpg
    ford tractor.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 546
Last edited: