IH 444 1971 model , trac. manual says 3 gal. fluid. fluid went to my transmission.

/ IH 444 1971 model , trac. manual says 3 gal. fluid. fluid went to my transmission. #1  

mwq

Tractor
71 IH444, 69 IH444, 50 8N
bought 444 gas, over 6 months ago, as a user/fixer upper. front external pump on it runs a mid mount sickle mower. I removed pump, lines, accumulator tank and mower ,which
is hyd. plus cyls. also had spare lift plate, so I removed supply/return plate from hyd lift. I filled it with 5 gal plus and it calls for 3 gal. Fluid is now in diff. and trans. what has let fluid pass to my trans?? Please help if u can. much thanks.,,, mike

/ IH 444 1971 model , trac. manual says 3 gal. fluid. fluid went to my transmission. #2  
:welcome:

/ IH 444 1971 model , trac. manual says 3 gal. fluid. fluid went to my transmission.
thanks 4 the welcome.yes fluid went into rear end. into trans. going to pull lift housing off to check plate n gasket. mike

/ IH 444 1971 model , trac. manual says 3 gal. fluid. fluid went to my transmission. #4  
Where did you pour the new HY-Tran into, resevoir under the seat or the inlet on transmission? All total a 444 holds 10 gallon of Hy-tran.

/ IH 444 1971 model , trac. manual says 3 gal. fluid. fluid went to my transmission.
Where did you pour the new HY-Tran into, resevoir under the seat or the inlet on transmission? All total a 444 holds 10 gallon of Hy-tran.

hi, found my problem when I removed hyd. reservoir . my 444 had mid mount mower, hyd powered. I removed the attachment, along with front external pump, lines, ect. replaced supply and return
plate with a blank cover. then added fluid. all went into the diff. and trans.. when I removed hyd. reservoir it had supply and return lines attached to bottom access plate. in short the front external pump
that ran the mower used fluid from diff. and did not use it from hyd reservoir. had to replace the access cover with blank plate. all is good now!! thanks for your support.