Any Special Unmet Cylinder or Manual Pump Needs?

/ Any Special Unmet Cylinder or Manual Pump Needs? #1  

rwinter

Tractor
JD 4720
My family and some other investors recently bought a high quality hydraulic cylinder and pump manufacturer in the Chicago area. Are there any ideas for the ag or construction market that you can think of? I have shared with them some information of a hydraulic top link that I recently bought, but there are probably other needs that some of you hydraulic fans/experts might be able to provide.

If you have some thoughts, kindly add to this thread.

Thanks

/ Any Special Unmet Cylinder or Manual Pump Needs? #2  
Affordable Hydrostatic pumps?
Valves that are designed to run wheel motors so they perform like a hydrostat (hold/brake in off, and variable speed), with just a regular hydraulic pump. (Maybe these already exist, I haven't been able to find any though)
ps. I would be more than happy to test any of these for you :thumbsup:

/ Any Special Unmet Cylinder or Manual Pump Needs? #4  
Another thought is to make a self contained pump/cylinder with a pressure gauge.
I have seen some of these made by talented guys using a screw type displacement pump with it directly coupled to a cylinder. The ones I have seen made were developed to tension blades on a homemade bandsaw. Some have attempted to adapt a bottle jack, but they have trouble getting them in tight spots. If you developed the screw type pump and made it affordable I can think of a lot of applications.

/ Any Special Unmet Cylinder or Manual Pump Needs? #5  
What manufacturer did you guys buy?

/ Any Special Unmet Cylinder or Manual Pump Needs?
Star Hydraulics in the Chicago area. Thanks for those thoughts. Keep them coming if you have any more ideas

/ Any Special Unmet Cylinder or Manual Pump Needs? #7  
I'm using the 5000psi foot pump on my press right now from them.

/ Any Special Unmet Cylinder or Manual Pump Needs? #8  
how about a small 120 volt pump, valve and ram to use in a 20 ton press. And add a pressure gage calabrated to read pounds of force at the ram.

/ Any Special Unmet Cylinder or Manual Pump Needs? #9  
Dan are you asking me or asking them to make one?

/ Any Special Unmet Cylinder or Manual Pump Needs? #10  
Affordable Hydrostatic pumps?
Valves that are designed to run wheel motors so they perform like a hydrostat (hold/brake in off, and variable speed), with just a regular hydraulic pump. (Maybe these already exist, I haven't been able to find any though)
ps. I would be more than happy to test any of these for you :thumbsup:

You can find those at Surplus Hyd. 20 gal @ 3000 psi

Surplus Center - 1 SPOOL 20 GPM PRINCE RD-2575-M4-EDA1 MOTOR VALVE

ditto J_J post. valves themselves would be just like a FEL joystick or levers. nothing special. it just like operating a hyd motor, that be mounted to run a PHD (post hole digger) on FEL, or a hyd motor mounted on a bush hog, that is side mounted. hydrostat wheel motor. just stating type of hyd motor it is and were/how it is being used. though different lever positions may be wanted. as in instead of lever returning back to center when released staying exactly were ya left it, till ya touched a button, to release the lever, to spring back to the center/off position.

on other hand. wheel motors / tire motors / wheel hub motors. and are hydraulic, with and without brakes, brakes based on air, based on electrical. and can achieve low RPM's high torque, and then high RPM's and lower torque. would be of interest to me. though honestly not sure if hydraulic wheel motors. be ideal, for what i am shooting for (see SSTT thread of mine), it may be just the ticket, for some sort of "add-on" for current age, implements. out there... were a farmer could replace rim with a hyd wheel motor. add some tees some hoses and electronic valves. that can be tied back to the cab.

to above, if tractor has extra HP, but loosing traction in field, might as well use up the HP, via another hyd pump. and send that power out to some sort of hyd wheel motors that are on the implements.

Last edited: