Davis 102H Loader

/ Davis 102H Loader #1  

tamric

Tractor
Ford
I am needing cylinders or parts for the Front Bucket Hydrolic Cylinders on a 102H Davis Loader serial # 23742 any Ideas?
Rods are rusted badly and bypassing inside.
Richard

/ Davis 102H Loader #2  
I have a Davis loader and backhoe on my on my jd 420-W,---you might have to measure the overall length and match up something close from a cylinder supplier!---the mounting plates may have to be made shorter or longer.-- just keep the geometry as close as you can,or use this chance to fix the rollback problem that Davis loaders had from the factory! thanks; sonny580

/ Davis 102H Loader #3  
I ran across this thread yesterday while researching a davis loader. I had this same problem with two single acting cylinders with 10 inch strokes just recently. I was able to purchase cylinder rod stock and the new seals from a hydraulic repair shop. Since I am a Tool Maker and have a complete machine shop available to me, I was able to do all the machining myself and save a load of money. The cost of the parts to rebuild both cylinders was about 25% the cost of new. A quality hydraulic repair shop should be able to fabricate new rods and supply the necessary seals. It won't be cheap. The rod stock is fairly expensive and as I'm sure you're aware of, labor is not cheap either. Trying to find exact replacements can be difficult at times depending on the end mounts. Contact a quality hydraulic repair shop and see if repair or replacement is cheaper. They have all the resources available to provide the best solution. Good Luck.