weak belarus 3-point

/ weak belarus 3-point #1  

ejm15

Tractor
kubota mx 5100
I have a belarus 400an and the three point hitch will slowly leak down if empty and will not pick up anything heavy. I already have checked (1 the oil level (2 all connections. The oil level was fine and there were only a few oil leaks, but nothing significant enough to make it act this way. Any ideas as to what might be the cause of this problem?

/ weak belarus 3-point #2  
Worn piston seals would be suspect for the leak down.

Pressure is determined by the resistance to the flow. You will have max force with a good tight piston and seals in a cyl.

Low pressure will cause a weak lift.

3pt valve could be leaking.

Check the pressure on the FEL relief if you have a FEL, and check the 3pt relief valve for the correct pressure. If the piston seals leak, or the valve leaks, you will not have the correct pressure.

Most all hyd units leak down with some weight. Some more than others.

/ weak belarus 3-point #3  
Is the cylinder internal or external? I don,t know anything about Belarus tractors but I know of a tractor with a similar problem. It had an internal cylinder with a crack in it, was very hard to diagnose.

/ weak belarus 3-point
Worn piston seals would be suspect for the leak down.

Pressure is determined by the resistance to the flow. You will have max force with a good tight piston and seals in a cyl.

Low pressure will cause a weak lift.

3pt valve could be leaking.

Check the pressure on the FEL relief if you have a FEL, and check the 3pt relief valve for the correct pressure. If the piston seals leak, or the valve leaks, you will not have the correct pressure.

Most all hyd units leak down with some weight. Some more than others.

OK I will have a look at the valves and seals when I get some time.

Is the cylinder internal or external? I don,t know anything about Belarus tractors but I know of a tractor with a similar problem. It had an internal cylinder with a crack in it, was very hard to diagnose.

It has an external cylinder.