1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #1  

antisolo

Tractor
1050 John Deere
I just bought a 1050 JD and the 3 point hitch won't go up. It looks like I need to put in some hydraulic fluid. I'm new to tractors. my question is, is there a certain procedure I need to go by when adding it? Such as does the tractor need to be running when I fill it, etc. I don't want to screw it up. I'd appreciate any response. Thank you very much.

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #2  
Fill to the proper level, and check again when warm.

Get the proper fluid for your climate.

Where is Bucyrus?

Does any of the other hyd work?

Hydraulics:
Type: open center
Capacity: 6.875 gal [26.0 L]
Pump flow: 7.5 gpm [28.4 lpm]

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics
After adding the hydraulic fluid I adjusted this brown valve that appears to be some kind of bleeder or something. When you open it up it looks similar to a tire stem of sorts. I heard a noise after opening the valve, like a groaning sound. The 3 point will work slowly at high rpm. It's working but working very slow. The fluid is white. When not running the fluid is up to the highest mark. before, when not running the fluid was not showing. The pictures show the brown thing i'm talking about which is put on top of this extra hydraulic manifold, after market to service 3 plug remotes.

This is my first tractor and I'm only 21. I don't know if this bleeder valve has anything to do with why it started working or if because i added the hydraulic fluid, and either way it's still working very slowly.

If anybody could give me some help i'd appreciate it. it's very frustrating

DSC03091.JPGDSC03092.JPGDSC03093.JPGDSC03094.JPGDSC03095.JPG

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #4  
After adding the hydraulic fluid I adjusted this brown valve that appears to be some kind of bleeder or something. When you open it up it looks similar to a tire stem of sorts. I heard a noise after opening the valve, like a groaning sound. The 3 point will work slowly at high rpm. It's working but working very slow. The fluid is white. When not running the fluid is up to the highest mark. before, when not running the fluid was not showing. The pictures show the brown thing i'm talking about which is put on top of this extra hydraulic manifold, after market to service 3 plug remotes.

This is my first tractor and I'm only 21. I don't know if this bleeder valve has anything to do with why it started working or if because i added the hydraulic fluid, and either way it's still working very slowly.

View attachment 306719View attachment 306720View attachment 306721View attachment 306722View attachment 306723

You have water in the fluid, you need to drain the system and fill.

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #5  
Seems you have some remote valves on that, you have a owners manual?

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics
I'm waiting for one to come in the mail.

What could be making it go slow? A plugged filter maybe? Or would it for sure be water mixed with the fluid?

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #7  

If anybody could give me some help i'd appreciate it. it's very frustrating

View attachment 306719View attachment 306720View attachment 306721View attachment 306722View attachment 306723

I think the valve you opened and shown in the pic is a relief valve for the 3pt.

The sound you heard was probably the relief valve going off. That is what sets your tractor max operating pressure.

Get that old fluid out of there and flush the system.

Check the relief valve pressures.

Make up a 3000 psi hyd test set like these and you will be able to monitor and trouble shoot the hyd system..

Attachments

• 3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 268
  • 3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 268
   / 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #9  
You install the hyd gage in the IN port of the first valve.

Or you could install female QD's where you want to test and plug the gage into the QD.

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #10  
You install the hyd gage in the IN port of the first valve.

Or you could install female QD's where you want to test and plug the gage into the QD.

Heyy JJ, am I seeing remote valve set up in his pics?