Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    1050 John Deere

Default 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics

I just bought a 1050 JD and the 3 point hitch won't go up. It looks like I need to put in some hydraulic fluid. I'm new to tractors. my question is, is there a certain procedure I need to go by when adding it? Such as does the tractor need to be running when I fill it, etc. I don't want to screw it up. I'd appreciate any response. Thank you very much.

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Default Re: 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics

Fill to the proper level, and check again when warm.

Get the proper fluid for your climate.

Where is Bucyrus?

Does any of the other hyd work?

Hydraulics:
    Type: open center
    Capacity: 6.875 gal [26.0 L]
    Pump flow: 7.5 gpm [28.4 lpm]
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Tractor
    1050 John Deere

After adding the hydraulic fluid I adjusted this brown valve that appears to be some kind of bleeder or something. When you open it up it looks similar to a tire stem of sorts. I heard a noise after opening the valve, like a groaning sound. The 3 point will work slowly at high rpm. It's working but working very slow. The fluid is white. When not running the fluid is up to the highest mark. before, when not running the fluid was not showing. The pictures show the brown thing i'm talking about which is put on top of this extra hydraulic manifold, after market to service 3 plug remotes.

This is my first tractor and I'm only 21. I don't know if this bleeder valve has anything to do with why it started working or if because i added the hydraulic fluid, and either way it's still working very slowly.

If anybody could give me some help i'd appreciate it. it's very frustrating

1050 John Deere.  Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics-dsc03091-jpg1050 John Deere.  Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics-dsc03092-jpg1050 John Deere.  Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics-dsc03093-jpg1050 John Deere.  Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics-dsc03094-jpg1050 John Deere.  Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics-dsc03095-jpg

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Quote Originally Posted by antisolo View Post
    After adding the hydraulic fluid I adjusted this brown valve that appears to be some kind of bleeder or something. When you open it up it looks similar to a tire stem of sorts. I heard a noise after opening the valve, like a groaning sound. The 3 point will work slowly at high rpm. It's working but working very slow. The fluid is white. When not running the fluid is up to the highest mark. before, when not running the fluid was not showing. The pictures show the brown thing i'm talking about which is put on top of this extra hydraulic manifold, after market to service 3 plug remotes.

This is my first tractor and I'm only 21. I don't know if this bleeder valve has anything to do with why it started working or if because i added the hydraulic fluid, and either way it's still working very slowly.

1050 John Deere.  Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics-dsc03091-jpg1050 John Deere.  Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics-dsc03092-jpg1050 John Deere.  Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics-dsc03093-jpg1050 John Deere.  Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics-dsc03094-jpg1050 John Deere.  Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics-dsc03095-jpg
    You have water in the fluid, you need to drain the system and fill.
    Murph

Tractor

Seems you have some remote valves on that, you have a owners manual?
    Murph

Tractor
    1050 John Deere

I'm waiting for one to come in the mail.

What could be making it go slow? A plugged filter maybe? Or would it for sure be water mixed with the fluid?

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by antisolo View Post

If anybody could give me some help i'd appreciate it. it's very frustrating

I think the valve you opened and shown in the pic is a relief valve for the 3pt.

The sound you heard was probably the relief valve going off. That is what sets your tractor max operating pressure.

Get that old fluid out of there and flush the system.

Check the relief valve pressures.

Make up a 3000 psi hyd test set like these and you will be able to monitor and trouble shoot the hyd system..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1050 John Deere.  Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics-3000-psi-hyd-test-gage   1050 John Deere.  Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics-3000-psi-hyd-test-gage  
    J.J.

Git er done.

Tractor
    1050 John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by J_J View Post
    Check the relief valve pressures.
    how do i do that?

Tractor

You install the hyd gage in the IN port of the first valve.

Or you could install female QD's where you want to test and plug the gage into the QD.
    J.J.

Git er done.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by J_J View Post
    You install the hyd gage in the IN port of the first valve.

Or you could install female QD's where you want to test and plug the gage into the QD.
    Heyy JJ, am I seeing remote valve set up in his pics?
    Murph

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast