Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540, JD2210

Default Re: Hydraulic Top Link "Homemade"

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    If you get the OEM remote with the float function, there is no reason to have the slot in the clevis. You would then have a redundant feature. And I believe that the valve with the float function is less $$ than the self canceling valve. Plus you can then have the pin hole up closer to the closed end of the clevis and you loose nothing by using the 8" stroke cylinder.

Hmmm,,, I gotta think about that one. If running my brush cutter and carrying the front of it with the 3pt I wouldn't be able to run the tilt cylinder in float. So if the right side of the cutter hit high ground it wouldn't be able to ride up over it.

Yeah, I definitely want the FD valve. My tractor currently has an SCD valve and a FD valve. My SCD valve works great for running ground engagement equipment like a wheel disc or field cultivator. Everything else I do with the FD valve.
    Richard
    Kubota M9540, JD2210

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by ovrszd View Post
    Hmmm,,, I gotta think about that one. If running my brush cutter and carrying the front of it with the 3pt I wouldn't be able to run the tilt cylinder in float. So if the right side of the cutter hit high ground it wouldn't be able to ride up over it.

Yeah, I definitely want the FD valve. My tractor currently has an SCD valve and a FD valve. My SCD valve works great for running ground engagement equipment like a wheel disc or field cultivator. Everything else I do with the FD valve.
    Yes you would have some problems with the mower if you tried to use the float feature. I hadn't thought about using the slot float function with a mower. I am always thinking in the grading mode. You are right, it would be best to have both. Still think that you should just bend the clevis in the press and then mill out the slots. Weld on some 1/4"x 1/2" for the guides and you are all set. Makes for a very nice clevis, actually better than the OEM unit.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    M 9540 Kubota

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Look at your top link at the tractor end, I believe that you have a 3/4" dia cat 1 pin holding it on. Yes the implement end of the 3pt hitch is cat 2 only, but the tractor end of the top link is cat 1. I can even see this in the picture with the top link next to it.
    I had to go look and your right, I have not had it off yet to see I appreciate your response and also your contributions here on tbn Thanks
    ]We need more people to WORK for a living and less people to VOTE for a living!
    (proven on 11/6/12)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123