Jerky project cylinder action

/ Jerky project cylinder action #111  
Cjone,
What pump did you use for your swivel?
I see Gorman Rupp trash pumps, AMT semi trash pumps and dredge pump? I picked up a semi trash for now because I can not find an exactly suited unit.
Ideas?
Thanks,
Gray

?? Do you mean the power swivels ?? We use big triplex pumps to pump the drilling fluid. On the smaller water well rigs we use a Mission sandmaster to pump the fluids. If you can teel me the rate and pressure you need I can more than likely suggest a pump. I will be starting on a "small" power swivel power unit in a few weeks. As soon as we get the 3406 checked out and back to the shop. That one and the majority of the ones I build [design] have 25 series Sundstrands on them at about 100 GPM at 5000PSI for the hydraulics. CJ

/ Jerky project cylinder action
Hi CJONE,

I meant that I have a swivel in line above the drill rod power head. It is small for this need--about 1.2 inches in section ID. I am using a 5 HP trash pump for this R&D unit but intend ot use maybe a Flow tec sieries 8 pump with pressurinzed grease seals for mud pumping, up to 45 PSI and 100GPM but likely far less through this system. Also the swivel is home made. I am looking at about 300ft max depth?

Attachments

• photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    792.1 KB · Views: 91
  • drill photo-2.JPG
    drill photo-2.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 92
   / Jerky project cylinder action #113  
Hi CJONE,

I meant that I have a swivel in line above the drill rod power head. It is small for this need--about 1.2 inches in section ID. I am using a 5 HP trash pump for this R&D unit but intend ot use maybe a Flow tec sieries 8 pump with pressurinzed grease seals for mud pumping, up to 45 PSI and 100GPM but likely far less through this system. Also the swivel is home made. I am looking at about 300ft max depth?

Sounds like a trash pump or pressure pump like a 20wx would do, no solids in you mud? CJ

/ Jerky project cylinder action
Sounds like a trash pump or pressure pump like a 20wx would do, no solids in you mud? CJ

Hi,
I will be using bentonite but will also use a settling system that should keep any big stuff (over 1/4") out of the pump.
Gray

/ Jerky project cylinder action #115  
Hi,
I will be using bentonite but will also use a settling system that should keep any big stuff (over 1/4") out of the pump.
Gray

A small centrifical would be nice but that is what a trash or water transfer pump is. Most of the gas powered high pressure [100psi] pumps will handle 1/4" solids. CJ