International hydraulic problem

/ International hydraulic problem
As I am not a mechanic I never thought of that problem, where do you suggest that I should connect the return too. I take that is ok to use the s/a spool valve as the feed. Would it be. Advise able to use the d/a valve as the feed and return.

/ International hydraulic problem #12  
All three of my hyd pumps return the fluid below the level of the tank.

So even if you are adding the return fluid to the filler cap, the opening of the tube should be below the level of the tank fluid. You can also make the return a dip stick level.

/ International hydraulic problem #13  
"Murray"

Supplying avalve bank from another bank is not ideal also??

I will post some documents later, the correct way to supply loader from the (HPCO) high pressure carry over, which fits on the end of the valve bank, ( may be there already) and the return goes to the bottom of the transmission case, a large 1 5/16 AF plug under the r/ hand axle carrier.
This reduces noise and heating and ensures longer pump life by reducing cavitation and turbulence in the hydraulic system.

/ International hydraulic problem #14  
Murray !!

These att's show how to connect the loader using the HPCO and where to return oil !!

Attachments

• 74 & 84:85 series NAO Auxilliary valves.jpg
    74 & 84:85 series NAO Auxilliary valves.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 2,098
  • 74 & 84series HPCO connectors .jpg
    74 & 84series HPCO connectors .jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 738
  • 74, 84, 85, 95 32-4200 Series Rear frame return point .jpg
    74, 84, 85, 95 32-4200 Series Rear frame return point .jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 2,382
Murray !!

These att's show how to connect the loader using the HPCO and where to return oil !!

Thanks a lot for your att's they have solved my problem as where to connect the flow and return, much appreciated my friend. Will have to adjust the connections asap. If only I can get the flow problem sorted now.

/ International hydraulic problem #16  
Thats o/k, have you checked the bolts yet ??

Do you have a service manual?? I sell PDF copies of the genuine IH manuals which i supply as a download. They can be stored and viewed on the computer and you can print off the odd page as you need it. If you needfurther info, please send me a PM with your e mail address.

Last edited:
I have not checked the bolts yet as I am attending to the sheep lambing, early mornings-late nights. No I do not have a service manual yet, send me the details please to murrayp39@yahoo.co.uk
Looked at your guides for the hose connections which I think will help me to connect the hoses the correct way.
Many thanks for your help

/ International hydraulic problem #18  
Yes i understand the time of year only too well, been there, done that!!., spent my first 20 odd years on family farm in Cumbria, dairy, pigs, sheep, beef & poultry!!!

Get back to us when u can and we can progress the diagnostics till we find the cause??

/ International hydraulic problem #19  
The High pressure carry over (HPCO) is the correct method to supply oil to a loader or other valves
mounted on the tractor!!

How many spools are fitted to tractor 1or 2 ?? Question?? If loader is supplied from the SA valve, where is the return piped to ??

However i suspect an oil leak on the draft control valve to lift cylinder mounting allowing oil loss from the hitch when the hitch is in any position but fully up!!

Under the seat is an inspection plate in the cab deck, remove this, then you will see the heads of 4 large bolts, just put a spanner on these and see if they are tight!!

You seem to be the guy to contact regarding HPCO and IH 784 tractors. I installed the HPCO end plate on my S/A valve and routed to an external valve. The tank line is routed to the transmission plugged as commonly suggested. Also, there's a power beyond port on this external valve which is currently dead ended. I will tie this to my loader valve (a second external valve). The purpose of the first external valve is to add a pairs of auxilliary outlets. After a test run, I have flow coming from the HPCO (after cracking a line), but no high pressure. 3 point, steering work fine. I don't quite understand the HPCO. Normally this is plugged off. So if adding a HPCO end plate is same as adding an end plate with a port, why doesn't the tractor pump dump over relief valve when the HPCO is plugged or capped off (or in configuration with original end plate with no port)?