Hyd motor ID

/ Hyd motor ID
Yea, we have a couple of those small saws out in the scrap pile, (exact saw I think). I need something that will cut thru 24dia logs in an efficient manner. I will be running a 27in long bar.

I went to the danzco site and watched his saw video. It took almost 22 seconds to cut thru what looked to be a 24in dia pine log. Best I can tell, he is using a regular gear motor on that saw. The width of the bar suggests a very big sprocket to increase chain speed also. I dont cut pine firewood so I can expect my cutting times to only go up in hardwoods. I just havent figured out a way around it without spending big bucks to get it done. Only way I can see to increase the chain speed using a normal gear motor is going to be to gearup the shaft. I am hopeing someone has a better ideal.

/ Hyd motor ID #22  
Mudd,
Look at Rexroth data sheet RA 91001 for the A2FM motors. These are a VERY durable motor that is used on the larger processors and the size 23, 28 & 32 all show a max of 6300 RPM. These are not the most inexpensive motors but they will provide the torque you are looking for and will not drop RPM like a rock when put under load.

Another more expensive option is the A6VM motor data sheet RA 91604. These are variable volume motors. You can controls on these than change displacement as pressure increases. This allows for higher speeds and lower torque and when the going gets tough they start increasing displacement so the speed starts to drop but the torque goes up.

Companies like ETS hydro, Attica Hydrualics, etc.. may have reman units for sale at reduced price.

Roy

/ Hyd motor ID
Looking at the rexroth motors, the size 16 is about the max I could be able to use. It takes almost 34gpm and would run 8000rpms. The kicker is for max torque it needs 5000psi. Havent done the math yet, but dont believe I would have enough engine to make it run. I know I dont have the pump for it. Still, it would be worth the call to see if One of those companies has a reman unit and find out the cost. My goal is to build the saw to do what i want, and then build the rest of the processor around it, so nothing is set in stone as far as design.