L3940 kubota where is pressure relief valve?

/ L3940 kubota where is pressure relief valve? #1  

RedDogRacing

Tractor
L3940
i have everything i need to adjust the hydraulic pressure. I am at home one day out of 40, and i can not find the bolt to remove to add the shims. ANy HELP.
Brand new L3940

/ L3940 kubota where is pressure relief valve? #2  
It is either on the FEL valve or on the hyd block.

Soon as I get the hyd diagram from Messicks I can tell you more.

230 - relief valve

155 - shims

Attachments

• L3940 relief.png
    L3940 relief.png
    176.8 KB · Views: 2,997
  • shim.png
    shim.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 1,051
   / L3940 kubota where is pressure relief valve?
I will look again. I saw the valve and the two longer pieces that come off the bottom. can not find a plug or bolt that is not connected to a line via banjo fitting.

I see where some pople hook a vacuum to the filler neck is that really nessecary if i have everything ready for an out and right back in?

/ L3940 kubota where is pressure relief valve? #4  
It is the large hex bolt below the right work port.

ok I found it btw. The valvle that you posted a pic of is located on the right side under the 3pt lift adjustment, behind the right rear tire, roughly above the center of axle.

to orient the pic that you posted, it is made from a perspective if you where standing on the left side of the tractor near the floor board, looking to the right rear of the tractor.

I will post pics when I get home, just in case anyone else looks at this later.

I will also add nubers when i pressure test.

/ L3940 kubota where is pressure relief valve? #6  
How about those pix? I'm in the same predicament as you.
Actually I am very let down by this machines lack of performance but will reserve judgment until I have it for 6 months.
Will test pressure tonight.
Fred

Sorry about that I have yet to buy the stuff to do a pressure check, so i put things off. The image in above post shows the block. The shim is itme 150 and 155. That pic is as if you were about to mount your tractor from the left side, and you are looking at the center of the right rear tire.

Id you crawl under your tractor it is near the axle behind(inside) the right rear tier. We have the same tractor here at work, i will try to remember to shhot pic in the morning. My tractor is at home which is 3 hours away

the first three pic i just zoomed in on the same area. the last two are from under neth looking up. the front is to the right, the rear to the left, and the camera is looking straight up near the right rear tire.

now i have not taken mine apart, but as far as i can tell that is the place

/ L3940 kubota where is pressure relief valve? #10  
So I added 1 washer .050" and brought the pressure up to 2950 psi; a 400 psi increase at 2600 RPM.
Still would not lift this 1900 lbs. pallet I needed it for.

Fred...yes the Kioti dealer emailed today asking why I bought the Kubota and not his DK45......good question.