Tc33da hydraulics

/ Tc33da hydraulics #1  

Turner1383

Tractor
New Holland TC33DA
I recently purchased a 2005 New Holland TC33da tractor with a 757c backhoe attachment. This is my first time owning a tractor. One of the lines to the backhoe controls blew, and i replaced it. However after doing so, the hydraulic filter started spewing fluid. After removing the filter, the gasket was raised in one section. i pushed it back down and tried two more times with the same result. is this just a bad filter or did i neglect a step? It didnt leak previously.

/ Tc33da hydraulics #2  
Do you know which line blew? Was it one of the flexible ones with a quick couple on it? If so, maybe the coupler is not seated all the way.
Sounds like the fluid is getting trapped and building up too much pressure. Maybe you installed the new line incorectly.
Also, get a new filter for it from a NH dealer.

/ Tc33da hydraulics #3  
Which line burst?

Was it a supply hose or work port hose.

Perhaps a QD malfunction and made a dead head situation.

/ Tc33da hydraulics #4  
Was the filter your main hydraulic filter on the tractor or does the backhoe have an additional filter? I certainly agree with the rest that your quick connects are the most likely suspect. I just don't know how the main hydraulic filter would ever have pressure since it is a suction filter to the main pump on the engine.

/ Tc33da hydraulics #5  
Can you show a picture of your filter and housing.

Did you perhaps remove the filter and housing, and maybe re-installed it backwards?