ford 1700 slow bucket return

/ ford 1700 slow bucket return #1  

Brian scott

Tractor
ford 1700
I have a ford 1700 2wd with fel. The hydraulics were fin but milky so i changed the fluid and cleaned the screen and refilled. Now the rear arms are fast and strong as it always is but my loader is fast and strong up (Full bucket) and very slow down and the bucket dumps fast but the return is very slow but strong enough to pick the front end of the tractor up off the floor. Why is it so slow now ? I ran them several times to see if it would improove but it has not. It's been in a heated garage for 3 days also.... Thank you Brian

/ ford 1700 slow bucket return #2  
You might disconnect and reconnect the QD's. Sometimes, the poppet and balls may hang up in one direction.

From what you describe, you are getting good pump flow and pressure.

/ ford 1700 slow bucket return
j.j. It will take a bit of time to do that because there are no QD's on my system. What hoses should i disconect ? and i think it would be fair to say the machine shouldn't be running and the bucket is on the floor. I'm a first time owner and it's only a few months new to me. I would probly bet that all the water that hyd. fluid came from the winter use and heated garage. I did the 3 drain plugs and cleaned the screen and vacummed out the bottom of the diff. before i put the cleaned strainer back in. Just read alot on here before i did it and hope i covered everything that involved changing the hyd. fluid. i'll get to it in the next couple of days as i'll need it working for the foot of snow that we exspect to get. Thank You for the info. Brian

/ ford 1700 slow bucket return #4  
You could install a hyd gage in the IN port of the FEL valve, and tell us the pressures.

These test gages run about $30.

You can mount a 1/4 male QD permanently in the IN port of the FEL valve.

Attachments

• 3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 113
  • 3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 98
   / ford 1700 slow bucket return #5  
You could install a hyd gage in the IN port of the FEL valve, and tell us the pressures.

These test gages run about $30.

Are there any restricting orifices in the ports or fittings. Sometimes people use restrictors to slow down the speed of operation.

If the cyl's check good, the only other thing is the valve spool.

If your valve has load checks, you might remove them and check for any debris or broken springs.

Attachments

• 3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 106
  • 3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 82
J.J. The stores and dealer ship is closed untill monday but i was playing with the controls and the up down leaver acts odd ? When i pull it the bucket goes up fast when i push it it goes up asfast. in order to lower it i have to hold it half way in. i dont think its right. Could my problem be related to this ? Anyhow i'll get the gauge tomorrow from the dealer and i'll be ready to get dirty on disconecting the lines as you said to try tommorow... Thanks again. Brian

/ ford 1700 slow bucket return #7  
Check the springs first.

You might check the centering spring on the spool in question, and the nut on the end of the spool should be tight.

The centering springs are under the cap on the bottom of the valve.

Don't know what loader valve you have, but the spring has to be torqued down so the up/down operation will be equal.

Page 10 is an example of a centering spring.

http://www.princehyd.com/Portals/0/products/valves/LVManual.pdf

J.j. Just finished the pressure is good. But the spool has failed it leaks now and I took it apart and there is a lot of scoring inside. Now to go purchase a new one and install it this weekend . Should the one at tractor supply so for me ? It's only 250.00. I just have to find out if I need to set it up for center open or closed ? It's been a dirty job but enjoying it. Thanks Brian

J.J. I'm not shure what it is now. Either cc or oc. Any idea ? Will the 10gpm. Be ok for this ? I don't have pb now so I don't need to order that. Just want it to work as well as it did before. Yes I do like the idea of the joy stick rather than what is on it now. Thanks again. Brian