Power Beyond and a control valve

/ Power Beyond and a control valve #1  

upnorth21

Tractor
JD 2720
OK kinda killing a dead horse here, my question is do I need to install seperate single lever control valve like a prince ,besides installing my PB port to operate a log splitter ? Looking at all sorts of threads and am sort of confused .All the splitters that I have looked at, all have valves on them. Any comments welcome.

/ Power Beyond and a control valve #2  
Every log splitter has a log splitter valve except the two way splitters, and they have a different valve without detents.You may already have a PB port.

Show us a picture of your loader valve . or your hyd block.

/ Power Beyond and a control valve
Purchased a PB port for my jd 2720 , can't really show any pictures of loader valve because tractor is 100 miles away at the cabin . Don't have a splitter yet because I am still undecided what I want to purchase. Any splitter that will be purchased either will have the detent or I am looking at two way splitters too. I am trying to do as much research as possible so when I do go to put it altogether I can do it all at one time due to location of tractor, hate making multiple trips to get something done, but God knows I do that all the time.

/ Power Beyond and a control valve #4  
Your basic log splitter will have a simple log splitter valve on it which you hold the lever to split and detent it in reverse for auto return to neutral.

More expensive log splitter valves will use the auto log splitter valve which once the first lever is set, the cycle is automatic from splitting to retract to return to neutral.

Some splitter valves can have log lift spool in the same valve, and perhaps have a hyd adjustable wedge .

For those tractors that have a low GPM, there is the Prince LSR-3060, which is a fast extend log splitter valve.

The two way splitters will have a valve that you hold the lever to split in extend and retract.

Log splitter valves cost from $79 to $287.

Last edited: