Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974

/ Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974 #41  
No it's a 3 cylinder

/ Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974 #42  
I totally agree that very few tractors come with hyd gages. The manufacturers and dealers think that we will bring the tractor in for any adjustment needed.

The point here is when setting up valves, you have to know certain factors, and guess work won't cut it.

You can not arbitrarily install a loader valve and expect it to function as well as a factory setup.

Did you not use hyd gages to set relief pressure and troubleshoot the hyd system?

You have to use a gage to set the relief valve.

Although tractors are not delivered with gages, they should .

And of course, all hyd componants should be installed correctly, but one has to know the rules.

I would strongly recommend that all tractors have a hyd gage installed and used for a logical purpose.

/ Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974 #43  
Yes back when I was a service manager for a JD dealership I used gauges and flow meters to help diagnose tractors with hyd and trans problems. I just never gave thoght to the idea that all tractors should have a permanent hyd gauge installed. The kicker to that is on a closed-center system one would need 2 gauges(a 300 psi & a 3000 psi) to correctly diagnose a problem

/ Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974
I finally got the massey ferguson 232 loader on the John Deere pain making all the bracketry but it paid off in the end thanks for the all the help

/ Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974 #45  
I have a 1974 john deere tractor 3 cyl diesel , I am trying to connect hyd lines to the control valve of a front end loader , can someone who is familiar with this tractor or has one with a loader please take a picture of where the pressure and return line on the tractor get connected, there are no rear or aux hyd ports on the tractor

/ Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974 #46  
I have a 1974 john deere tractor 3 cyl diesel , I am trying to connect hyd lines to the control valve of a front end loader , can someone who is familiar with this tractor or has one with a loader please take a picture of where the pressure and return line on the tractor get connected, there are no rear or aux hyd ports on the tractor
I live in central texas and will travel to look at one on a tractor within a reasonable distance of 76645

/ Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974 #47  
This is the way(photo) JD engineers suggested to attach open center hyd valve to a JD 830 similar to your tractor. Manifold(key 28) is available from JD W21205 Manifold ADD 358.01 USD. It's possible some other new loader manufacturer has a cheaper manifold.
HTH's,Jim

Attachments

• WP1704_________UN01JAN94.gif
    WP1704_________UN01JAN94.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 91