Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974

/ Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974 #1  

RottenGround

Bronze Member
Tractor
1974 JD 830, 1946 JD Model A
where can i plumb in hydraulics for a front end loader the loader has only two lines im am assuming one is pressure and the other is a return any help please

/ Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974 #2  
You have an open center hyd system, and you need a two spool valve to operate the loader.

A two spool valve has 4 work ports , each work port will feed a cyl port, A/B work ports will feed say the lift cyl's, and the C/D work ports will feed the cyl cyl. The work ports may be label 1,2,3,4, or A1,B1, A2, B2.
It will also have IN ,OUT, PB ports.

The standard loader valve is usually a joystick valve to operate the lift and the curl.

Here is a valve that will probably work if your loader does not have one.

Surplus Center - 2 SPOOL COMPACT 10 GPM JOYSTICK CONTROL VALVE

This valve has regen and float.

You need to find the pump pressure outlet from the tractor and feed the pressure line to the IN port of the loader valve and the valve PB outlet will feed the 3pt, and the OUT port of the valve will go to a tank line.

/ Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974
hey thanks lot that helps the loader is a MF and was working on a Massey tractor it already has the joystick it b thejust has two hoses that went to the tractor so are they a pressure and return do they go inline or just plumb
in the pressure and dump the return to the sump thanks

Also You said my tractor is open center hyd the loader i think is a MF 255 that was on a MF 235 tractor does it have open center like mine JD 830 so if i can adapt the loader to fit the tractor will the factory MF joystick valve set up work on mine

Last edited:
   / Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974 #5  
Most loader valves are similar, using two spools.

However some of them only have 6 ports, and others have 7 ports on the valve.

The seventh port is the PB port which is used to feed fluid to a downstream valve.

A 6 port valve should have the OUT port go directly to tank, and not feed another valve.

/ Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974 #6  
Does your JD 830 have a rear remote? If so you can pump the pressure and return hose to it but will have to tie the remote valve open when operating loader.

/ Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974 #7  
This is the way JD plumbed a loader valve on an open center tractor such as yours.

Attachments

• EP12939________UN10MAY05.gif
    EP12939________UN10MAY05.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,422
yes the loader that i am looking at just has two hoses coming to the tractor i think i will plumb in right after the pump and dump the other to the resivoir

/ Putting on a loader on a JD 830 1974 #9  
How do you plan to tap into hyd line from pump? You need to be sure relief valve on loader control valve isn't set too high for 830 hyd pressure or damage to hyd pump could result.

I have a flex line/hyd hose from the pump to a steel line i was just going to tee into that but im not sure if the loader is open or closed one way would be to tee into pressure if it is a closed sys with it being closed system it would stop at the tee but still be able to go onto the rest of the tractor. If it is an open sys on the loader i would need to put the loader in line from the pump correct?