Farmall SM

/ Farmall SM #1  

Hj1991

Tractor
Farmall Super M rowcrop
Hi I'm new here can someone please tell me how to remove my Farmall SM hydraulic lift pump should I split the tractor?

/ Farmall SM #2  
No need to split. It drops out the bottom. Remove control rods, plumbing, fill tube cover pan ahead of pump underneath, unhook coupler, remove bolts attaching it, and it should drop down. The most important thing is to have a couple of T-bars made to fit the round holes, with notch in the side of the pump, and a couple people to let down, once unbolted. Or..., a tall floor jack/transmission jack. Or.., if you have a chain hoist overhead, make a couple short T-bars, and run chains down from a spreqader bar, that will span the width of the tractor overhead.

If you can find an I&T manual, even as poor as they are give pretty good instructions on how to do it, and gives the specs for the T-bars.

Those pumps are pretty heavy, and as a young man, I have dropped, and installed one, one time manually... Never again, LOL...

/ Farmall SM
Thank you so much your advice was most helpful your instructions worked perfectly just installed new oil pump into the reservoir.

/ Farmall SM
I dropped the Hydraulic lift pump and overhauled it. It seems to be missing some kind of lever on the side of the tractor. I want to know how this pump works it seems to only have to positions on and off am I right?. It would be great if someone could help me Tanks

/ Farmall SM
I dropped the Hydraulic lift pump and overhauled it. It seems to be missing some kind of lever on the side of the tractor. I want to know how this pump works it seems to only have to positions on and off am I right?. It would be great if someone could help me Tanks

/ Farmall SM #6  
Yes on hyd pump control lever is IIRC handle pulled toward operator to raise a one way cylinder and pushed away to lower(retract) cylinder. One can add a spool valve to operate a two way cylinder by plumbing spool(s) valve in series and returning oil to filler tube.

/ Farmall SM
Also what pipes are the inlet and outlet on the pump? Its a belly pump on the left hand side there are two pipes coming out of the pump and on the right hand side only one and the lever. Thanks in Advance

/ Farmall SM #8  
IIRC all pipes are pressure(outlet) as the unit is self contained. Inlet is filler neck.