help hook up for 3 ph forklift

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift
I think this is what I will have to do I was hoping I could run separate dedicated line so is not in the way of filling tube, thank you for your help
Paul

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #22  
I think this is what I will have to do I was hoping I could run separate dedicated line so is not in the way of filling tube, thank you for your help
Paul

I am not familiar with your tractor, but if there is a pipe plug anywhere in whatever the fill tube is on, you could use that for the dedicated line.

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #23  
The hose that the QD is attached to has nothing to do with the bright cap(PB or OC/CC) in this photo as pressure on hose in question is controlled by the spool.

There is no system pressure on that hose. When you move the valve to raise the forks, system flow is applied to the one labeled "cylinder". When you move the valve the other way to lower the forks, it connects "cylinder" to "quick connect", to let the oil out of the lift cylinder.

HYDRO DONE.jpg

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #24  
Where is the output of the out hose going now?

The reason that you have continuous flow on the OUT hose is that pump fluid plus cyl fluid is passing through the OUT hose.

If you used the PB and PB adapter, to pass pump fluid downstream, that would allow only only the cyl fluid to flow to tank, and then you can tee into the OUT hose as there is only low pressure or no pressure.

The only fluid in that line is when a cyl is moving.

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #25  
Where is the output of the out hose going now?

The reason that you have continuous flow on the OUT hose is that pump fluid plus cyl fluid is passing through the OUT hose.

If you used the PB and PB adapter, to pass pump fluid downstream, that would allow only only the cyl fluid to flow to tank, and then you can tee into the OUT hose as there is only low pressure or no pressure.

The only fluid in that line is when a cyl is moving.

I think "IN" and "OUT" are plugged into the single remote outlets on the back of his tractor.

yes it is single remote outlet - out hose is pressurized due to tractors pump delivering the oil to the control valve where the spools are the oil is always flowing is my understanding being on stand by and when you activate the spool it opens the flow through that spool
Paul

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #27  
Out hose should not be pressurized.

The fluid in an open center hyd system is not pressurized until there is some resistance to the flow, and that comes about when you move the levers, and there is a load on the cyl.

Put a hyd gage on the OUT flow of any valve, and you will see the low or no pressure. There are a few exceptions.

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #28  
When you move the valve the other way to lower the forks, it connects "cylinder" to "quick connect", to let the oil out of the lift cylinder.]

There would be pressure on the hose with the breakaway coupler when spool is moved to lower forklift "if breakaway coupler" isn't attached to a male tip. That was the reason I stated the spool would control the pressure if there was any.

Out hose should not be pressurized.

The fluid in an open center hyd system is not pressurized until there is some resistance to the flow, and that comes about when you move the levers, and there is a load on the cyl.

Put a hyd gage on the OUT flow of any valve, and you will see the low or no pressure. There are a few exceptions.

If there is no pressure in the return line why it didn't dumped the oil when I had a tee on the return outlet?
I was told that when you engage tractor aux system the oil circulates (pressurizing the system) control valve lets the oil goes through when not used it will use the pressure if the handle on the spool is activated the path changes and system pressurizes the cylinder or whatever is attached to, normally there is an in and out on cylinders that makes it straight forward but in this case I think that spool acts only like single stage when activated it pushes the oil to the cylinder when pull back oil returns via the same hose in to the spool and out second hose with the quick connect so the only pressure it has is created by weight of the forks and carriage + whatever the forks are lifting when empty there is not much pressure in that valve.
It would be very easy and convenient for me to put the tee on the return line instead of trying to rig to filler tube.
By any means I'm not an expert I could be wrong just trying to figure this out so it works well and won't cause any damage to my system
Paul

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #30  
Since oil can flow either way from a remote connection, depending on the control valve, can you verify that the oil from your rear remote is going in the in port on the forklift valve?

What happens if while raising the forks, you move the toplink lever.