help hook up for 3 ph forklift

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #1  

wpala

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2920, Kioti CK30 HST, Kioti RX7320
Hi so I bought this quite old 3 ph forklift attachment and to my surprise it has 3 quick connect houses my tractor has only 2outlets available on the back, the picture follows the first spool controls the top link no questions there the second spool is problem since the ram cylinder on the forklift part has only one connection on the bottom that would make it act as a single port cylinder so my question is what is the second hose with the quick connect for?? how can I make it in to 2 port system, valves are by star hydraulic can't find any info on them on the net any help would be greatly appreciated

Paul.W
HYDRO DONE.jpg

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #2  
Does the fork lift have side to side hydraulic movement?

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #3  
The fork lift should operate fine without attaching the quick disconnect to anything. The only thing I can think of for the quick disconnect to attach is a hose to sump for return oil but when spool is moved to let down forklift hyd oil would also be going to sump under hyd pump pressure.

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift
No side movment

Someone also told me that this should work without hooking it up I was afraid I will damage the pump if there is no return and the pressure will keep building up but there is a pressure relief valve on the spool so it should be OK I will try that and let you know Thank You

Paul.W

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #6  
The fork lift should operate fine without attaching the quick disconnect to anything. The only thing I can think of for the quick disconnect to attach is a hose to sump for return oil but when spool is moved to let down forklift hyd oil would also be going to sump under hyd pump pressure.
That is how I see it as working. A way to drop the forks quicker.

Aaron Z

So I hooked up everything top link works perfect the carriage for the fork lift goes up but it stays there moving the spool handle backwards makes the hose jump a bit but nothing happens
Paul

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #8  
So I hooked up everything top link works perfect the carriage for the fork lift goes up but it stays there moving the spool handle backwards makes the hose jump a bit but nothing happens
Paul

Which hose jumps?

Need pictures. Show valve and hoses. What does the top of the lift cylinder have on it?

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #9  
I looked at your first picture, I think the quick disconnect has to go to the return line to the reservoir. You can put a tee with a matching QD any where in the return line.

How and where are the in/out hoses connected?

HYDRO DONE.jpg

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #10  
Paul

Did you attach the breakaway coupler to dump into sump on the hose that was on the valve??