montgmery ward wood splitter hydraulic pump made by John S Barnes YF 717-0461

/ montgmery ward wood splitter hydraulic pump made by John S Barnes YF 717-0461 #1  

fredshop2

Tractor
case
I would like to know the spec s of the pump and if any ones knows where to pick up a replacement

/ montgmery ward wood splitter hydraulic pump made by John S Barnes YF 717-0461 #2  
Welcome to TBN

/ montgmery ward wood splitter hydraulic pump made by John S Barnes YF 717-0461 #3  
Welcome to TractorByNet :tractor:

/ montgmery ward wood splitter hydraulic pump made by John S Barnes YF 717-0461 #5  
Are you looking for parts?

Do you want to replace that pump with something equal?

What is the HP of the engine driving the pump?

Can you show a picture?

Would you need a two stage log splitter pump to match your engine?

/ montgmery ward wood splitter hydraulic pump made by John S Barnes YF 717-0461
the engine is a 8 hp briggs and stratton I wanted to find a pump comparable I sent the pump no. some body out there may know the spec.s then i can try and locate a pump out there . any heelp would be apreciated skip

/ montgmery ward wood splitter hydraulic pump made by John S Barnes YF 717-0461 #8  
John S. Barnes was purchased by the Haldex corporation several years ago and now recently someone purchased them from Haldex so I suspect information on that pump may be hard to get.

I would check the front mounting features and drive shaft size and then find a pump like J_J references with these same features.

/ montgmery ward wood splitter hydraulic pump made by John S Barnes YF 717-0461 #9  
If the pump above will not fit your pump mount, then select a pump mount from this list, observing the bolt hole pattern.

Most 8 HP engines are 1 in shaft.

You might need to change out the couplings. Lovejoy type, etc.

/ montgmery ward wood splitter hydraulic pump made by John S Barnes YF 717-0461 #10  
oldnslo, Is John S Barnes on the river my state st, or is that W.F. & John Barnes?