JD 5205 Power Beyond Kit

/ JD 5205 Power Beyond Kit #1  

magelan36

Tractor
JD 5205
I guess JD no longer sells the RE73308 power beyond kit for 5105 5205 tractors. I have a good lead on a 48 back hoe but can't power it. Any suggestions on obtaining power beyond kit or retro fitting something?

Thanks

/ JD 5205 Power Beyond Kit #2  
ydraulics:
Type: open center
Capacity: 8.5 gal [32.2 L]
Pressure: 2800 psi [193.1 bar]
Valves: 4
Pump flow: 10.9 gpm [41.3 lpm]
Steering flow: 6.5 gpm [24.6 lpm]
Steering press.: 1900 psi [131.0 bar]

D you have a FEL now?

In a series flow circuit, there is usually a way to add a PB QD to the back for the BH.

If you have a FEL, then you can use the PB from that valve.

/ JD 5205 Power Beyond Kit
J.J.

I do have a FEL, mid mount valves. I am no stranger to retrofitting and am comfortable with hydraulics. I guess I just need to find out how a 48 hoe is plumbed. The unit I looked at had three lines, I guess one is just a dump back into the tank???. Wanted things to be "proper" and not real thrilled about limiting the loader use as it is a important stabilizer in BH work.

Really confused as to why the PB kit is NLA from JD, just a quick easy way as opposed to retrofitting my own design to put the kit together.
Time is worth way more than the money in this case.

Any one know of a aftermarket "kit", maybe from a third party attachment manufacture?

/ JD 5205 Power Beyond Kit #4  
I'm not familiar with the hyd system on a 5205 but this PB end cap is available from JD.
RE73581 HOUSING, VALVE, POWER BEYOND ADD 87.26 USD

And this is available if you can stand the price.
RE71787 VALVE, POWER BEYOND ADD 2,561.06 USD 2,561.06 USD

Attachments

• LVP2510________UN06SEP00.gif
    LVP2510________UN06SEP00.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 478
   / JD 5205 Power Beyond Kit #5  
J.J.

I do have a FEL, mid mount valves. I am no stranger to retrofitting and am comfortable with hydraulics. I guess I just need to find out how a 48 hoe is plumbed. The unit I looked at had three lines, I guess one is just a dump back into the tank???. Wanted things to be "proper" and not real thrilled about limiting the loader use as it is a important stabilizer in BH work.

Really confused as to why the PB kit is NLA from JD, just a quick easy way as opposed to retrofitting my own design to put the kit together.
Time is worth way more than the money in this case.

Any one know of a aftermarket "kit", maybe from a third party attachment manufacture?

There will be a PB port, either as Tx Jim stated, or you can use the PB port from the loader valve, and run a PB hose with a male QD to the back for the BH.

If there are three hoses from the BH,

Plug the female QD IN hose from BH to the rear male QD hose from loader.

Run the OUT hose from the BH to reservoir.

If your valve has PB, then run a hose from the BH PB port to the input for the 3pt.

If you remove the BH, then connect the PB hose to the 3pt input hose.

If you can find the JD adapter for the PB, the ports should be self explanatory.

PB output from tractor

PB pressure hose from BH for 3pt series flow, not that you will use the 3pt with BH mounted.

OUT port for BH return fluid.

Should you remove the BH using the JD adapter, you would run a jumper hose from the adapter PB out to the other adapter PB port, and plug the adapter return port.

/ JD 5205 Power Beyond Kit #6  
Here's a parts photo of the PB(parts key #7) that J_J referred to on loader control valve.

Attachments

• LVP6843________UN04APR05.gif
    LVP6843________UN04APR05.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 414