Kioti KB2365 Backhoe PTO Pump

/ Kioti KB2365 Backhoe PTO Pump #1  

WVUNUT1985

Hope someone can point me in the right direction with a replacement pump cross over. The Kioti BH has the factory PTO Pump kit and I have developed a significant leak from the pump. The only information on the pump is the following:

JOYANG
NAME-GEAR PUMP
SPEC- 31cc-L
Serial: JD 06041

I can't locate a rebuild kit for the pump and I would like to just replace it with an alternate brand if some hydraulic guru on here can provide me a reference or an idea of what I need to be looking at. This backhoe is on a Kioti LB1914. Thanks

/ Kioti KB2365 Backhoe PTO Pump
JJ, Thanks for the reply. The current pump is more like the one in this link. The one you identified wont fit in the PTO area of my tractor. The one on the tractor has a direct connect adapter from pump shaft to PTO and fastens with two bolts to a removable plate that straddle the sway bar to keep pump from rotating.

Surplus Center - 1.3 cu in PARKER PZG HYD GEAR PUMP

/ Kioti KB2365 Backhoe PTO Pump #4  
Is there a gear box attached to the pump. That pump will provide 9.4 GPM at 1725 rpm.

Your tractor will provide about 6 GPM.

Hydraulics:
Type: open
Pump flow: 6 gpm [22.7 lpm]

Attachments

• Hydraulic.jpg
    Hydraulic.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 369
   / Kioti KB2365 Backhoe PTO Pump #6  
The pump appears to be directly connected, and therefore it would run at 540 or 1000 rpm if your tractor has a two speed PTO.

However, the pump you referenced above, would run at 1725 rpm to pump 9.4 GPM at a constant speed..

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7733&catname=hydraulic

Is the rpm for your pump and the pump you referenced that different.

If you directly couple that pump above and run it at 540, you will get about 1/3 of 9.4 GPM.

Last edited:
I have not been able to locate any additional information on my current pump, GPM or Pressure. My tractor does have a 2 speed pto (540 & 1000). Could someone provide some guidance or insight on a similar small pump that would work. This only operates a small backhoe attachment, but it works very well. I will go through a dealer if I have to, but I am just looking for a cheaper alternative (new dealer pump is over $500.00) that would be easier to get rebuild parts for in the future. I am thinking I need something like 8 gpm/ 2500 psi at 540 rpms that is single stage. All assistance is appreciated.

/ Kioti KB2365 Backhoe PTO Pump #8  
Curious: you say your pump has developed a significant leak.Where is it leaking from? Why do you think it began to leak?
Is there nothing that could be done to repair the pump by a qualified hydraulics shop or machine shop?
Just trying to kick around some alternatives to replacement....

/ Kioti KB2365 Backhoe PTO Pump #9  
The PTO pumps in post #2 sits right on the PTO shaft , and will power your BH.

They are Prince pumps and you can get parts anytime.

You can get a cheaper pump, but you will have to gear it up for the pumps operating rpm.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp?catname=hydraulic&byKeyword=yes&search=pto pump

If you are trying to get 10 GPM, at 540 rpm, you need a 4.2 cu in pump.

To power the 10 GPM pump, you need about 21 HP.

---------------------------8 GPM--------3.4 cu in,requires about 16 HP.

Last edited:
JJ- Thanks for the advice

coyote machine-the aluminum casing rubbed against the plate (item 14 on above diagram) causing it to leak. Even looked in to having it welded, but no go.

At this point I am going to follow JJ's advice and go with the prince pump and be done with it. I need to use the BH so this is the best option for now. Thanks